Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Nostril related question – MEN ONLY
  • DrRSwank
    Free Member

Right, I’m in the US, have been for a week now. The mixture of planes and air conditioned hotels and offices is playing havoc with my nose.

When it gets annoyed, as it is now, it produces truly spectacular bogies. I mean they’re like sides of beef!

Does anyone else get this or have I got mutant nostrils?

Ooops – I put it in the wrong forum and can’t work out how to change it. I guess although I do use my nostrils whilst riding this isn’t entirely a bike related thread. Sorry……

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Deffo mutant nostrils! Pics lol?

DrRSwank
    Free Member

I’m not taking photos of my nose trophies! They are pretty damn big though. Often a cm in diameter (but flat).

The flight home tonight is bound to bring a few on. Problem is they tend to be quite dry and they do make me whistle as I breathe (which I hate when other people do it).

Picking and blowing don’t get rid of them. It’s a question of closing one nostril at a time and really snorting hard to try and dislodge them.

Like I said – they’re pretty big!

tazzymtb

it’s the low relative humidity caused by the air con systems that’ll lead to the drying of mucal membranes, hence monster crusty bogies. you may also find that you are more prone to catching colds, and generally feel a bit poo/lethargic/headachey as low RH (below 40% for human comfort) is one of the most common causes of indoor air quality complaints in offices

brakes
    Free Member

pick it
    lick it
    roll it
    flick it

DrRSwank
    Free Member

I feel lethargic all the time though 🙁

To be fair, the nasal nuggets have been keeping me entertained this week. No matter how many come out I’m still amazed at how big they get.

bassspine
    Free Member

If you collected a lifetimes worth of nasal pickings and stuck them together in a ball, how big do you reckon it would be?

large418
    Free Member

Just be thankful you’re not in a cold dry environment (-20 or so) – bogies are like shards of glass then! Try drinking loads and see if that helps

DrRSwank
    Free Member

Frozen bogies would be cool (pun not intended). You could blast them at your enemies.

As they are, they’re just mildly amusing.

jools182
    Free Member

I get exactly the same thing after a long flight. They are monsters. I’ve also experienced frozen bogies in -37 temps in Canada. Glad its not just me

ojom
    Free Member

Do they flick farther in this new state?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Nostril related question – MEN ONLY’ is closed to new replies.