Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Northwave shoes
  • Scienceofficer
    Free Member

How do these come up width wise? Similar to shimano or spesh?

Looking at getting some Celcius Boots for the winter, shimano are fine for warm weather, but too close width wise and I don't get enough circulation for warmth in the winter.

Spesh shoes seem to fit pretty well, but I can't seem to find them online.

mtbmatt
    Free Member

The Lizards I have are wider and bigger than Shimano. More like Spesh, but wider.

Spesh gear is no longer available online.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Thanks matt. SOunds ideal.

catfood
    Free Member

Ive got very wide feet and my celcius boots are nice and roomy, dont buy them online tho as their sizes can be a bit wayward, Im usually an 8, maybe a 9 on the outside and my celcius are an 11.

Drac

Not sure of the sizes as have skinny feet anyway but they are very good shoes last for ages.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Wow! Thats some variance in size there catfood!

Drac

WTF I know mine are the same size as the rest of my SPDs and trainers.

gonetothehills
    Free Member

My Northwave road and MTB shoes are the same 'size' (as in the number on them) as my old Pearl Izumi and Shimano ones, but the difference is, they're comfy and fit my slightly wide feet. They've made as much difference to my enjoyment of cycling over the last year than almost anything since I found them.

Get to Evans, try them on, then buy them with their price promise against the online research you'll have done before you left the house.

Christowkid
    Free Member

Just going through similar decisions.
    Can't find a lbs within a lot of miles with any winter boots in, so going to normal lbs, tying on a set of Spesh boots and ordering a pair of Defrosters in same size and hope the fitting's the same.
    Wearing 2 pairs of socks makes it impossible to guess my foot size! as mentioned before, Shimano seems narrow, so want to try on something in an lbs as opposed to buy it on line and guess. It'll cost more but hopefully fit!
    cheers
    Q

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Northwave shoes’ is closed to new replies.