Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Northwave Celsius Arctic – any good?
  • gonetothehills
    Free Member

I’ve got my discount code and cashback ready, but I’m still staring down the barrel of pretty close to £120 for a pair of the Arctic version of the Celsius boots – but are they worth it?

I have to say that there have been a few times already this autumn that I’d have given most anything for warm toes, so I’m keen to sort it out. I’ve been running regular Northwave summer shoes with MT500 overshoes and merino socks, but they’re not cutting it in the thermal stakes – let alone waterproofing.

Are the Artics sufficiently warmer than the regular ones to warrant a chunky premium?

yen
    Free Member

The arctic feel slight stiffer and have a fleece-like lining instead of a normal lining of the regular version, which makes it warmer and slightly more snug in fit. Its also completely waterproof.

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Thanks yen – just need to get my head round the value for money thing! 😕 Have you any experience of the standard ones – in terms of warmth?

boxfish
    Free Member

I have the standard Celsius. They’re pretty warm as long as you don’t let water get in over the top.

yen
    Free Member

The only other winter shoes i have tried are specialized defrosters which aren’t as warm or well made. The arctics are very warm, waterproof and should hopefully last quite a long time. I think the fleece lining helps to make it warmer that the normal version.

spooky_b329

Paid £90 for the standard ones…I justified them by thinking that when my toes are numb and freezing I would gladly swap a £10 note (or £20 when desperate) for warm toes, so they pay back pretty quick 🙂

Leigh
    Free Member

i have the normal ones and they are worth the money any day in winter

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Yeah – think I’ll go for the standard ones – CRC here I come…! Thanks for the advice; really appreciate it. I’ve wanted some for yonks now – just never spent so much on a pair of shoes. Unlike Mrs gtth… 😈

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Northwave Celsius Arctic – any good?’ is closed to new replies.