Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Northern (as in proper north Newcastle/Durham) ride Sunday
  • BillyBull
    Free Member

Hamsterley if anyone is interested?

Drac

Riding this weekend not sure what day yet but proper north not southern Newcastle ride. And certainly no appeal fir hamsterly back into the cheviots I think.

BillyBull
    Free Member

Hamsterley is pretty good now, especially with a few hidden bits. Beats up and down grassy hills! 🙂

Drac

Always liked the hidden bits there and no man made trail will beat big grassy hills with insane fast downhills. Friends who I ride with went back to Hamsterly not long back, their review was enough to make me not to want to go back.

BillyBull
    Free Member

Well if you like the border reivers type routes, whatever flats your boat. Dig out the Derek Purdy books.

neninja
    Free Member

I'm with Drac – after a couple of recent trips to Hamsterley I'd rather have fun on the North Yorks Moors or the Dales.

Hamsterley needs more flowing singletrack. The newer section from the top car park is good and the black after that but generally there are too many long dull fire road climbs plus the top of the black along the wall is so deeply rooted and eroded it becomes tiresome.

Drac

Derek purdy book is good for an introduction but better routes to be had. I like trail centres they keep the hills quiet.

qcamel
    Free Member

Wrong..

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Northern (as in proper north Newcastle/Durham) ride Sunday’ is closed to new replies.