Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • North Sea Route/NCN1 Lincoln to Suffolk. Mostly road? Much traffic?
  • midlifecrashes

Was talking to a mate about taking a few days and riding Doncaster to Lowestoft. Googled it and see we can pick up this route at Lincoln. Sustrans online mapping suggests it’s mostly minor roads. Doesn’t seem much other info about it on the net such as ride reports or traffic/surface. Anybody use bits of it and can tell us what to expect?

Or if you have a better alternative, we’re happy to hear that too.

Cheers

allthegear
    Free Member

I ride bits around the Wash and up the North Norfolk Coast now and again.

Mainly quiet roads and some tracks. Very little on major roads at all.

Pop in for tea as you pass Kings Lynn!

Rachel

midlifecrashes

Ta Rachel, don’t put the kettle on just yet, it’ll be mid-August I reckon. We need to put a few miles back in his legs and sort my back out first.

IanW
    Free Member

I ride Harwich to Norfolk variations on the ncn 1 most weekends, you are unlikely to find better cycling roads in the uk, occasionally potholed, often sandy but no problem for carbon and 23 mm. Doubt it’s much different that bit further north.

Depends how fast you want to go, stick to the ncn for virtually traffic free or pop on to an B road for crunching the miles.

dekadanse
    Free Member

Lots of tracks on the N Norfolk coast route – some of them really entertaining!

rob
    Free Member

Rode from sheffield to skegness on sunday picked up route 1 at lincoln, nice tarmac bike path for miles and miles down the side of the river whitham really rather nice.

midlifecrashes

Thanks. Just what we wanted to hear. Does seem a bit far in land at Lincoln to be called the North Sea Route. Any more?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘North Sea Route/NCN1 Lincoln to Suffolk. Mostly road? Much traffic?’ is closed to new replies.