Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • North Nibley trails and local rides.
  • SOAP
    Free Member

North Nibley will be my local trails soon (3 miles away) so what you got?
    Will be amazing if the 417 project ever takes off.

qwerty
    Free Member

Where will you be living, Dursley?

I live Stroud way, i have several doorstep ride options:

Loop with 10miles of road at start gets me to Birdlip, into Cranham woods, Painswick Beacon, Edge, Standish (can then add Coaley Peak, Rodborogh Fort) for 40 miles of riding.

Or, set off along canal to access Standish Woods & Edge, & or Coaley Peak via Penn Woods.

Can loop round from Coaley Point to Dursley too.

Can ride loops from Nailsworth too, but i’m still exploring that side.

Can be / is a mud bath in winter.

Bigfoot is a very active local MTB club.

Various MTB shops: Delta in Dursley, Noahs in Brimscombe, Black 8 in Woodchester with a Wed pm ride, Cycle Tech in Ebley, Bike Works in South Woodchester.

Plenty of pretty small hills with tough straight up climbs.

Welcome & enjoy.

http://www.heavenofthesouth.co.uk is very soon & will ride some great stuff on your doorstep.

wilko1999
    Free Member

All the above areas have some really good riding. Plus of course all the stuff in Nibley and Stinchcombe. Nibley has some great DH runs, a good quarry area to play in by Tyndales monument (this is where the DH runs start too) Good singletrack and bridleways between Nibley and Stinchcombe. Stinchcombe has DH type stuff, jumpy runs, some steeper trails and more singletrack. Good area to move to. I’m in Bigfoot and currently there’s 3 or 4 club rides per week mostly based in the areas qwerty mentions. There’s quite often Stinchcombe and Nibley rides too though. Plus we get over to FoD as much as possible as some of us know shed-loads of off-piste stuff 🙂

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    SOAP
    Free Member

Thanks guys I’m west of Nibley so a relatively flat ride in.
    Looks like I’ll be doing a fair amount of exploring and I’ll see you out on the trails 🙂

jameso

Various MTB shops

Cytek in Stroud know the trails very well.

neila

I’m Dursley based, plenty of riding around the woodlands and Breakheart Quarry above town. These link with a good loop out towards Uley, Uley Bury and back Nibley Way. Plus all the above of course. FoD only 40 minutes away. The guys in Delta Bikes will point you in the right direction.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘North Nibley trails and local rides.’ is closed to new replies.