Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • North Leeds – Harrogate area – Good rides
  • MRanger156
    Free Member

Hi

Anyone know any good off road rides in this area, preferably with a map or good directions!!

Technical stuff would be good and about a 2.5 – 3 hour loop.

Thanks

Matt

woody2000

Speak to the Fanylions, they’ll sort you out. Or North Leeds MTB?

Daffy

Come and ride with us. We’re riding Pateley-Bridge on Sunday

http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/mtbharrogate/?v=1&t=search&ch=web&pub=groups&sec=group&slk=1

setting off from Psychlosport at 09:00

meehaja
    Free Member

Stainburn?

Simon

I know some rides in that area but no Memory Map etc to pass your way, it’s all in my head.
    As mentioned above try the North Leeds lot, best to contact them through BikeMagic, http://www.bikemagic.com/forum/forummessages/mps/UTN/25485/URN/7/dt/4/srchdte/0/cp/1227/v/6/sp/

They ride on Tuesday and Thursday evenings.

meehaja
    Free Member

Ok, apart from the stainburn suggestion, I live in Leeds, and will be riding on Sunday. Don’t know where yet (first time back on the mountain bike since Nov) but probably around Leeds/yorks. If you want to come with us, give us a shout.

jim

rich-6
    Free Member

Theres Stainburn in Harrogate

Or another of my faves is Middlesmoor

Park up in Lofthouse, Ride up the hill through middlesmoor and keep going onto the bridleway, go over the top and drop down to scar house over the Dam take a left, up the hill for 200yds and take a right then follow that track accross the mooors to the shooting house and drop down back into Lofthouse.

misterfrostie
    Free Member

That Scarhouse descent is mental

misterfrostie
    Free Member

btw I ride with the Singletraction lot on a Tuesday night. Fairly technical 2-3 hours check out the Singletraction forum under rides if you fancy joining us. Typical rides Shipley Glen, Ilkley Moor, Calverley Woods, Norwood, Stainburn etc

gringerd
    Free Member

Lots of stuff round north leeds meanwood valley, Shipley Glen, Horsforth, Chevin as well as stainburn.

North leeds mtb and the north leeds thread on the rides section of bike magic might offer up some folk to show you round.

rich-6
    Free Member

That Scarhouse descent is mental

Bloody good though 8)

Simon

>"btw I ride with the Singletraction lot on a Tuesday night. Fairly technical 2-3 hours check out the Singletraction forum under rides if you fancy joining us"

I forgot to mention our Tuesday night rides.
    Starting from Bingley this coming Tuesday I think.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

So who’s misterfrostie then?

MRanger156
    Free Member

Hi there

Thanks for all the responces. Managed to borrow an old mtb guide book from a lad at work so going to check out a ride that starts in shadwell tomorrow. Not sure what it will be like but may as well give it a go since I can easily cycle to the start.

I’ve been looking on the North Leeds MTB site and forum to try and tag along to a ride but a lot of their rides seem to be near bingley and a bit out the way of north leeds (i live in chapel allerton).

Done the middlesmoor ride several time – good ride and some great views on a nice day. Whats the route back to lofthouse from the shooting house? I’ve always stayed on the bridleway (via a very short road section)and then dropped down into ramsgill and back onto the road to lofthouse.

misterfrostie
    Free Member

Misterfrostie da man 😀

rich-6
    Free Member

shooting house

Hopefully that works, Its the last building before you reach the road, Looks down over thorpe farm and is a cracking decent

twohats
    Free Member

rich-6 – Member

Theres Stainburn in Harrogate

Or another of my faves is Middlesmoor

Park up in Lofthouse, Ride up the hill through middlesmoor and keep going onto the bridleway, go over the top and drop down to scar house over the Dam take a left, up the hill for 200yds and take a right then follow that track accross the mooors to the shooting house and drop down back into Lofthouse.

That route is better if you do it in reverse and start it on the bridleway that goes straight up the valley from Ramsgill.

johnhoo
    Free Member

so going to check out a ride that starts in shadwell tomorrow. Not sure what it will be like

muddy. very very very muddy. There’s a reason we don’t ride round "North Leeds" in winter 😉

If you’d tried it about 2-3 weeks ago during the cold snap it would’ve been ok, but we’ve had some rain lately…

Keep an eye on the North Leeds BikeMagic forum thread, there’ll be a ride from Alwoodley or Eccup or thereabouts sometime soon

Or you could look on http://www.northleedsmtb.com – if I have any ride details in advance I’ll post them up on there.

however, I may be up for leading a Sunday ride from Eccup next weekend… just don’t expect it to be fast

MRanger156
    Free Member

Thanks rich-6, will give that a go next time im up there. Will also keep an eye out for a north leeds ride.

Went up to stainburn in the end yesterday, really like what they’ve done there buts whats happening with the norwood side?

Simon

We (SingletrAction) have permission to go back into Norwood and re-claim the trails lost during the felling, once work has finished, which should be soon.
    It’s going to be a lot of work though.
    I’d like to see rideable loop back in place for the summer.
    We’re also hoping to get the go ahead to extend the trails in the future.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

‘Twill need some creative thinking from what I’ve seen of the destruction. 😐

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘North Leeds – Harrogate area – Good rides’ is closed to new replies.