Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • North Leeds builder please
  • ahsat

We have are looking to buy a 1930s house in North Leeds (LS6) and the surveyor has made us aware of a couple of issues; mainly a few damp patches, concern whether appropriate lintels are in place above the uPVC windows, and an odd chimney reduction. We aren’t from the area and are looking for a trust worthy builder would be able to go and check for the lintels (will probably need a hole in the wall) and gives us some quotes.

Many thanks.

Pook

John Morrell – 07973 898242.

Top lad. Tell him Chris from Sheffield recommended him

el_boufador

We had the lintels comment when we bought our previous house (30s Leeds semi also). It may just be one of those things surveyors say to cover themselves (there are many). I think the UPVCs don’t provide the same structural integrity the old wooden frames would, but in reality it may be nothing to worry about (we did not have any problems)

winterhasarrived
    Free Member

Not sure if I’ve found a great builder here yet, but welcome to the neighbourhood. It’s quite nice here! Meanwood Valley trail on the doorstep makes for some nice riding.

ahsat

Thanks guys. We really like the area and are frustrated that the old lady may have been taken for a ride by the window fitters, which could be a costly problem and force us to walk away from the house. Keen to see if it can sorted. Not sure I am prepared to take the risk like el_boufador.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘North Leeds builder please’ is closed to new replies.