Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • North Face Borealis – please recommend me a replacement backpack
  • philmccrackin
    Free Member

my trusty old Borealis has seen better days and needs to be replaced. I use it every day for ferrying my general life around as i am usually working away and travelling through airports and train stations. size wise i find it perfect, big enough if i ever want to stuff a change of clothes in, but not too bulky and it has plenty of slots zips and compartments for all the other stuff…

Pretty tempted to replace like for like but would appreciate some other recommendations…?

BadlyWiredDog

I recommend the Bear Grylls survival sack. Or another Borealis. Or pretty much anything if all you’re using it for is carting stuff around.

Actually, thinking about it properly, I recommend the Osprey bike commuting for general travel (but not bike commuting) for two simple reasons:

1. It has loads of pockets and compartments for lap-tops, stuff and more stuff and is properly well thought out and decently made,, albeit not cheap.

2. It’s been designed so it stands up on its own. No more leaning it against table legs. Or your legs. Or walls. Or leaving it flopped on the ground. It just stands up. Genius!

The one I have is called the Radial, but there appears to be a whole family of the little blighters now:

https://www.ospreyeurope.com/shop/gb_en/kickstand

Joking aside, it’s a little slice of brilliance. One of those things that is the solution to a problem you’re not really aware of until it’s been solved for you.

ahsat

I have the Osprey Momentum 22. Used and abused for commute (walking and train – it has a helmet holder but never cycled with it) and work for 1.5 years now, and it still looks good. Can just about get away with one overnight if I think about what I am packing (ie just change of top and underwear plus laptop, notebook, wash bag etc). It’s similar to what Badly suggested, well thought out, robust and comfortable to carry when full. If I was using it for regular short trips overnight, I’d probably look at the 28 or 32 L like the ones in the link above.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘North Face Borealis – please recommend me a replacement backpack’ is closed to new replies.