Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • North East re-location.Anybody have experience or live around Bishop Auckland?
  • joeegg
    Free Member

Probably within the next year i’m going to re-locate possibly around Bishop Auckland.Never been there and know nothing of the area.Anywhere to avoid,and areas i should be looking at.I know Hamsterley Forest is near and seems to have a good mtb club.

Xylene
    Free Member

Places to avoid – Bishop Auckland, but it is near Hamsterley.

miketually
    Free Member

Last time I was in Bishop, the pound shop was having a sale.

miketually
    Free Member

More usefully, have a look at http://www.hamsterley-trailblazers.co.uk/ for riding.

How near to Bishop do you want/need to be?

godzilla
    Free Member

Bish-vegas, a very strange place indeed, i think quite a lot of my big fat gypsy wedding was filmed there, very interesting night out. Places to avoid – The only one the springs to mind is the Aclet. (pub)
    I have quite a lot of family and friends from this colorful part of the world, but im glad not to have to go there often as its sometimes depressing.

Last time I was in Bishop, the pound shop was having a sale

😆

tinribz
    Free Member

Places to avoid – Bishop Auckland

Clearly you’ve never visited Shildon.

Bishop is in a bit of no-mans land between Darlo and Durham but not really what you’d classify as rural, some run down areas. I’d take a look at Sedgefield or West Auckland. Or some of the newer housing estates in North Darlington. Barnard Castle is nice, lots of riding on your doorstep from there.

Xylene
    Free Member

Clearly you’ve never visited Shildon.

Maybe moving to Easington would give it some perspective.

uplink
    Free Member

or Evenwood

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘North East re-location.Anybody have experience or live around Bishop Auckland?’ is closed to new replies.