Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Norovirus
  • muddydwarf
    Free Member

Weak as kitten. Dying. Farewell.

darrell
    Free Member

bye

see you in about 12 hours

bearnecessities

That’s literally shit.

Pigface
    Free Member

Oh you really aren’t going to enjoy the next few hours

Cougar

You know all the threads we’ve had about ride hydration and electrolytes? That.

Get well soon, sir.

footflaps

My brother once invited me round for my Birthday so I could have cake etc with my nephews. He failed to tell me they’d all just had Norovirus. He also failed to tell me they were still infectious. That was one birthday party i didn’t forget for a while!

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

Useless without pics….

user-removed
    Free Member

Ah! Is that perhaps what I’ve just had? Have been incredibly ill for the last few days – not sleeping (apart from feverish short bursts), incredibly achey, constant nausea etc.

I was blaming it on a box of meatballs, just past their use by.

You have my commiserations.

jam-bo

Ah! Is that perhaps what I’ve just had?

Never much doubt about norovirus. Have you been violently exploding from both ends repeatedly?

muddydwarf
    Free Member

This white thing in the bathroom is SOOOO cooling… Think i may spend the rest of my miserable life here.

footflaps

Best to just sleep in the bath / shower, that way you can just hose yourself down after each episode and then go back to sleep….

user-removed
    Free Member

Never much doubt about norovirus. Have you been violently exploding from both ends repeatedly?

Just the head end thankfully. But yes, frequently, to the point where dehydration was well advanced.

mick_r

Crawl out the house tomorrow and visit someone you don’t like (only joking – please don’t)

My kid’s primary school once managed to hold a Christmas fair just as an outbreak was incubating / starting (Saturday). Mmmmm – crowded hot space for a few hours just to let everyone unknowingly mingle…..

By Tuesday the school had to shut for a deep clean, about 50%-60% of kids, parents, grandparents, siblings etc were hit and public health came to do some swabs (which confirmed norovirus not food poisoning).

Kuco

Full blown Norovirus you wouldn’t be typing on here. You’ll either have your head down the toilet or your arse parked on it or more likely sitting on the toilet with your head in a bucket and if you wasn’t doing that you’ll be curled up in bed wrapped up and still shivering wishing you was dead as the room spins around you.

You sir have nothing more than man flu 😉

Cougar

That sounds like what I had diagnosed as “glandular fever” a good few years back. I lost two stone in a week. I feel for you.

Jamie
    Free Member

You know you broke your carbon bike recently.

Think of that to keep your spirits up, as compared to Norovirus, it’s a positive.

grey

Oh bad luck.
    I had this last Christmas, sat on the loo with my head in the sink for hours. The stomach pains got that bad I eventually fainted and ended up going to casualty.
    Good news was I lost a stone in weight.
    Get well soon.

bearnecessities

Jamie, as a ninja mod regular poster, so you have access to some exclusive emoticons?!

lucien

If I reply to this post, will it infect me?

Oh wait……

everyone
    Free Member

The main thing I remember from when I had Norovirus is me begging myself to stop vomiting at some point in the middle of the night.

I’d definitely suggest keeping to your own toilet if you can and make use of any electrolyte tabs as soon as you can keep liquids down! Flat lemonade works quite well if you drink it very slowly otherwise it will bounce. Avoid dairy and heavy/fatty foods when you can begin to eat again.

All this info is coming from my mum (ICU nurse).

See you on the other side!

globalti
    Free Member

Norovirus is the most amazingly successful virus; if you’re just in the same room as somebody who vomits you’ve a high chance of catching it from the spray that floats around in the air.

jonba
    Free Member

Was there last week. Still weak now and a raging cold from being run down. I think I pulled a muscle retching.

Still I lost some weight and my food shop was cheap.

I’d also recommend your own toilet, take in a pillow, I know I did as it became easier just to sleep in there than crawl back to the sofa.

konabunny
    Free Member

I lost two stone in a week.

Hmm…iDave or norovirus diet…tempting…

Harry_the_Spider

You need one of these toilets.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Oh Christ that was a rough night!

I am aware that there is X amount of miles of tubing between my mouth & my Gove*, so how come i could sit on the loo desperately drinking energy drink whilst it simultaneously fell out of my Gove?

I feel hollow…

*appropriate swear filter avoidance.

Drac

Jamie, as a ninja mod regular poster, so you have access to some exclusive emoticons?!

It’s called Google Images.

MrsToast
    Free Member

Full blown Norovirus you wouldn’t be typing on here. You’ll either have your head down the toilet or your arse parked on it or more likely sitting on the toilet with your head in a bucket and if you wasn’t doing that you’ll be curled up in bed wrapped up and still shivering wishing you was dead as the room spins around you.

Yeah, but muddydwarf chases after people with axes, so is well ‘ard. He might also have an iPad/Android tablet…

Pyro

Best tip I got for motivated was Vaseline or E45 cream…

Help reduce the amount the bucket handle chafes the back of your neck.

Now where did I leave that coat…

muddydwarf
    Free Member

My phone was my link to the outside world (MsD downstairs)

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Norovirus’ is closed to new replies.