Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Norfolk coast holiday cottage track world
  • KidCragg
    Free Member

Any knowledge on where to go or recommendations on where to stay please!

For 2 adults and a 2yr old

Thanks in advance

Stoner
    Free Member

I used to drive to the north Norfolk cost form university when I needed to get away for a bit.

Favourite spots were around huntstanton to cromer, particularly

http://www.salthouse.org.uk
    And the Dun Cow in the same place

scud
    Free Member

The Wells/ Holkham area is nice, one of the best beaches in UK, Holkhak Hall with great playground and grounds round the hall, loads of other places to visit nearby, lots of places to eat too. Bit biased as i live just down the road, basic rule is avoid Hunstanton and Great Yarmouth unless you want penny-slots and Sealife Centres.

woffle
    Free Member

Wells beach is nice though if you’ve got one – take a trolley as the tidal range is big so it can be a real trek to the water – if your family are anything like mine we don’t travel light and it’s a bit of an arse getting everything down to where they want to be! When we visited there were lifeguards on the beach too which is always a bonus.

Our two girls loved Wells – probably down to the mini train, copious amounts of ice-cream, the slot machines and arcades 🙂 The crepes in the Albatros were good too! We rented a flat slap bang on the waterfront. (I’m not going to name the holiday company because they were a complete shambles and wouldn’t want them to get any more business).

Wells isn’t quite as ‘Boden’ as a few places on that stretch of the coast – whether that’s a positive or negative…

allthegear
    Free Member

Just got back on the bus after being round the coast to Wells for a bit of a walk.

The people who run the Albatross, the boat in the harbour, are lovely. Best thing is the pea soup, if you ask me.

if you see an idiot on a red motorbike with an orange helmet, wave hello!

Rachel

petec
    Free Member

the albatros is my second home when we go up. Love it. Have a beer, watch the sunset, phone French fish and chips to place an order (beat the queue…) and eat on the quay.

1-shed
    Free Member

http://www.thegreenpavilion.co.uk/ have stayed here it is lovely. Cheers 1 shed.

cheers_drive

I stopped in Wells during my ride today. It’s gone upmarket since I was growing up in the area. Hunstanton has gone more upmarket too (nothing like Great Yarmouth) but still has seaside tackiness. Old Hunstanton beach isn’t bad.

santacruzsi
    Free Member

Blakeney is a nice quiet place , with a little going on a few nice pubs and places to be able to get out too.

Salthouse is nice. The BIL is the manager of the Dun-Cow. Food is good there .

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Norfolk coast holiday cottage track world’ is closed to new replies.