Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Norco Six 2
  • _tom_
    Free Member

Thinking about getting a cheaper 2nd hand fs frame to take to Canada with me (so I can get the bike ready before I get there!) and I’ve seen a few of these going for cheap on t’internet. Was gonna buy a bike when I got there but the parts on mine are probably better than I’d get on a cheap complete.

Just wondering what people here think of them and what the sizing is like? I’m 5’9″ so would the medium 17″ be alright or feel like too much bike? And would a Pike ride really crap on one til I could afford a bigger fork?

jedi

norco, the only brand never to crack/snap at herts

_tom_
    Free Member

Solid praise indeed 🙂

twotonpredator

i had a 2007 six two a few years back. it was something like 38 lbs stock. the suspension action is great as norco use specialized fsr system under license. frame weight with headset was over 9lbs. if its for bike park action ie downhill all the way then you can’t go far wrong for the money.

_tom_
    Free Member

Ok sounds good – I think on the site it says about 35lbs stock which is alright, current bikes over 30 anyway I think.

Davesport

I’m 6’1 & the large frame felt a tad on the small side for me. They hadn’t thought of reducing the weight on the 2005 model I had.(I’ve only just sold it) Mine weighed in at just over 40lbs & I don’t think anyone would ever manage to burst the frame. I don’t know if the Pike your fitting has travel reduction or lockdown ? Due to the layback angle on the seat-tube, with the seat in the raised position for climbing it was well out over the back wheel. This made the front very light whilst climbing & I used the lock-down on the Bombers a lot. Due to the frame layout it also used a telescopic seat post, which was a pain in the rear every time you wanted to drop the thing down. No idea how much your looking to pay but I sold a complete & pristine 2005 bike for 500 quid a couple of months back. A real slug whilst winching the thing up to the top of a climb & competent on the down bits.

6.5 out of 10 from me.

gordi
    Free Member

If you can get one cheap take it,Ive got one and was using it for everything from trail centres to downhill days at Fort William and nothing major broke.I find it quite hard on the uphills but great coming down.Still used for everyday riding but splashed out and got Norco Dhill bike for the big stuff now.Buy Norco

xherbivorex
    Free Member

i have a 2008 one, the one with the hydroformed tubing which was considerably lighter (but still 34lbs i think, and still insanely strong!)- i’m 5’6 and i have a medium and although i could make use of a small frame, the medium is a good size too. the top tube swoops sharply downwards from the headtube then flattens out towards the seat tube so yeah they size up on the small side i’d say.
    great bikes though, and they’ll easily cope with more or less anything you can throw them down!

_tom_
    Free Member

Sounds alright to me, most of what I’m hoping to ride will be lift-assisted bike park downhill stuff 😀 My fork does have u-turn and so will anything I upgrade to, really useful feature 🙂

walleater

They can crack around the area that holds the seat tube in place so look all around the welds with a flashlight before you buy. Also double check that if it was subject to a recall, that the front was been swapped. I’m not sure how great it would be with a Pike on it either.

If you want something cheap and bombproof, I’d look for an old Bullit and equally old 66 if you want something that you can beat up in the Park and not be bothered about it falling apart under you.

5AM
    Free Member

I’m 6’2 and currently ride a Large Norco Fluid LT, and sometimes I do think I could perhaps ride a medium so I could throw it around a bit more. I don’t think you’d regret buying a medium or a Norco full stop IMHO.

supersaiyan
    Free Member

Hijack alert: I have a medium ’06 six one frame with the z1 light fork it came with, 20mm front wheel, hope headset, holzfella dh bars and stem, tf tuned dhx 3 shock with a 500lb and 550lb spring, with telescopic seat tube and SDG bel air saddle for sale. I loved it to bits, did me proud in the Alps for a few trips, but it always yearned to visit the country where it was made. I’m 5’10/11 ish and it fitted me fine. usual wear and tear, after £300ono as the mrs is getting on my back about bikes cluttering up the house. Let me know if you want pics, better still if near Bristol come and try it for size.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Norco Six 2’ is closed to new replies.