Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Norco Sight.
  • wilkij1975
    Free Member

Anyone any experience with the Norco Sight? Evans have some 2015 frames in at a reasonable price (no shock so maybe not too reasonable) but have no experience of the Sight or Norco.

Most write ups I found were positive but there are quite a few forum threads about dodgy frames, cracking etc. but think most were pre-2015.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

I’ve got a 2014 carbon one and a quite a fe folk I know have the allow from 2015. It’s a great trail bike, good angles, pedals well and will take the abuse if you ride hard. Not that it’ll effect you but mine came with a Revelation which I’m about to swap for something a little bigger, due to a combination of the steep rocky trails here and the fact it’s ****. A lot of folks run there’s with a 150mm pike. There was a guy here who’d broken his frame, but I’ve not heard of, or seen any here.

wilkij1975
    Free Member

Cheers for the info. Glad to hear people run with 150mm forks as I have 150mm Revelations I’d put on to start with. I did read on the Norco website that they’re only warranted for 140mm forks but the 2016 Sight comes with 150mm forks so I assumed it’d work OK.

What shock do you run? I believe its a 200×57 and was considering a Monarch RT3.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

I have a sight from 2013 . Alloy version . just put an Angleset on it actually . Running a fox float X 2016z Carbon ones I think have issues with clearance and piggy back shocks.

wilkij1975
    Free Member

I’d have no need for a piggy back shock but good to know anyway. Just need to have a think and see where I can get a shock from for not much money (and decide whether I like the ‘green’ colour enough!).

superhooper

I have a 2015 Carbon sight 7.1. I use it for everything from commuting to work, weekends at local trail centres (Swinley, QE Park), South wales (including bike park wales) and have done a week in Morzine. I am extremely happy with it. I previously had a custom built Ibis Mojo and although I was very happy with that bike I would not swap it for my Norco.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Sight comes with 150mm forks so I assumed it’d work OK.

Angles stayed the same (bar half degree slacker) but the frame was beefed up a little up front apparently. Not heard any reports of snapped head tubes from longer than recommended forks though.

I’m running a standard Monarch. It’s fine, sits into it’s travel a little too much so occasional sketchy pedal strikes, overall though pretty decent.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Norco Sight.’ is closed to new replies.