Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • norco aurum2 vs nukeproof scalp
  • stuarty
    Free Member

Had a right notion for a full suspension
    This is more a comfort/style thing than a need more speed
    Im not the most skilled but after back surgery a bit more comfort wouldnt go a miss that ant there something about a set of boxxer up front

Ive been in local chainreaction flagship store in belfast 3 times
    Been ignored 3 times so im pretty close to saying **** them ..but the scalp in black is callin me …
    But norcos aurum 2 is similar priced around 2g

Think the nearest place for norco is a short ferryride over to evans in glasgow
    Would rather pick up just to be sure on getting correct frame size
    So thats mail order out

What would youse good folks sugest,
    Lol
    Mibees go into crc with out work clothes on…
    norco

scalp

Bregante

Mibees go into crc with out work clothes on…

That’ll get their attention!

chakaping
    Free Member

Try the bike for size in cry and buy elsewhere by mail order!

They could hardly complain.

GW
    Free Member

riding a 40lb+ 8″ travel DH race bike isn’t exactly easy on your back and they’re certainly not what you’d call comfortable to pedal.

Northwind

Yeaaaaahhh. Sure you want a downhill bike? GW is spot on, they’re not for comfort, they’re for going fast down hills at the expense of everything else. I ride mine up hills too mind but only because I’m a stubborn contrary idiot, it’s terrible at it.

fervouredimage
    Free Member

If you want a full on Downhill Bike, get the Scalp. For the money you can’t go wrong. CRC have about 30% off the Scalp with DB shock at the moment.

The Aurum is just wrong in my opinion. The geometry isn’t right for a DH bike and it is not stable when it gets rough. Not a fan.

GW
    Free Member

Eh? Where do you get that ideea from? The two bikes in actual fact have fairly similar geometry and certainly both bikes geometry falls within the realms of current WC DH racebikes. The only really noticable difference in geometry between them being the shorter chaiinstays on the med and small Aurum (no doubt welcomed by many shorter riders.)

stuarty
    Free Member

Mmm hadnt realy planed to pedal up hill … isnt up hill for coughing your lungs up collapsed over bars

As for the weight i was thinking that the giant talon that i have at the minuet must weigh close to high 30lbs

So whats another pound or 2

Mmmm mibees need a rethink
    Going to go back to chainreaction on sat
    See if im ignored again,

Thanks for the input

Northwind

stuarty – Member

As for the weight i was thinking that the giant talon that i have at the minuet must weigh close to high 30lbs

So whats another pound or 2

It probably doesn’t. And there’s a lot more to it than weight, the entire design of the bikes is done with no thought given to anything that isn’t hooning down a big mountain.

Basically they are a tool for a job, if you’re doing that job then they’re right, but if you’re doing anything else they’re useless.

fervouredimage
    Free Member

within the realms of current WC DH racebikes

…And one has it bang on, the other doesn’t. I get the ‘idea’ from the fact I’ve ridden both back to back and the scalp works very well (hence I now own one) and the Aurum doesn’t work as well.

GW
    Free Member

Ha ha… really?

so in your opinion the Aurum’s geometry is unsuitable for WC DH when it’s actually closer in many respects to the geometry of the current Elite mens WC leader’s bike’s geometry than your ‘bang on’ Nukeproof? Wow! (we’re still talking less then half a degree between headangles a few mm between BB height and half an inch in the chainstay length)
    That does equate to a noticably longer and slightly more stable wheelbase but lets not forget WCs are won on cornering ability/agility as well as stability through rockgardens., eh?

Out of interest, on your ‘back to back’ test were the two bikes the same size? (the Norco’s do seem to come up smaller/shorter for each size ie. medium – medium) and were both bikes set-up to your preference for control settings (bar height/width/stanchion height/lever position/reach etc.) did the two bikes have the same fork/shocks? as well as front and rear spring rates/damping settings etc? how about tyres and their presures?

I’m sure you’re very happy with your Scalp but to say the Norco is ‘just wrong’ from one ride is a very bold statement indeed.

matt1986
    Free Member

I work at evens and have tried the norco it rides nice and size wise there frames seem big I rode a medium and it felt ok but rode the sight in a small and that felt more like a medium think if I was gonna buy the aurum I’d go for a small and I’m 5 10″. With regards to the scalp agree it looks a sweet bit of kit and would love a try of one. Hope this helps a wee bit

stuarty
    Free Member

I Like the mega but when theres a scalp sitting along side…..
    Big forks ,shock low down centralised mass i like the fact there seems more initial travel used was hopping this would flatten minor bumps

Been walking around all day going ,norcoooooo or scalp ,norcoooooooo or scalp ,

How much money is enough

My first bike was 500 quid thought that was dear now im looking 2000 plus
    And to be honest 3 or 3500 would be nearer

**** pushbike lol

Suspose when a new honda fireblade is 11grand it aint to bad or a nikon d4 is 3500grand
    Anyone want some canon camera gear 🙂

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I assume you will be doing lots of uplift etc.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘norco aurum2 vs nukeproof scalp’ is closed to new replies.