Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • None Hope Tech3 E4 Brake Pads ?
  • 19ninety
    Free Member

I bought some Superstar ones but they are smaller in height then the original Hope pads so they got returned.
    Hope pads are £15 a pair, the only other ones I can find are UberBike pads on FleaBay, has anyone tried them or are there any other alternatives to Hope’s own pads?

chiefgrooveguru

In my experience the Hope ones are worth it – they squeal less and last much longer.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I thought the E4 caliper used the same pads as the tech M4 before it. I use the Superstar kevlar pads in the wife’s M4s and they’re spot on.

Potdog
    Free Member

I’m using some uberbike race matrix ones at the moment and am suitably impressed.

19ninety
    Free Member

@Onzadog – The M4 pads will fit and will work, but the E4 pads have a taller pad giving a bigger surface area. I didnt take the Superstar ones out their packet to measure but holding side by side it was easy to see the difference.
    Couple of pics courtesy of the interwebs.
    E4
    http://www.worldwidecyclery.com/products/hope-e4-brake-pads-sintered-pair

M4
    http://www.worldwidecyclery.com/products/hope-mono-m4-disc-brake-pads-organic-compound-pair

@Potdog – I’ll give the Ubers a go, thanks!

Onzadog
    Free Member

That’s interesting. Not noticed that before. Guess the E4 pads will fit the M4 as well. The rotors haven’t changed have they?

carlphillips
    Free Member

Disco brakes?

19ninety
    Free Member

Good question, I’m gonna assume the floating and vented rotors are designed to be compatible with all the current calipers, probably the standard rotors too.
    Thought I’d have a look and see where the wear edge is on my floating rotors:

The E4 pads cover the full surface area, measures at 15mm high. I cant confirm but the M4 pads look a good 2-3mm shorter.

To be fair I expect the difference in braking is unnoticeable in most cases unless being used for DH or enduro. That said, the occasions I do tearing down the side of big ass hills it nice to know I getting the most from my Hopes and they arent going to melt like my old Avoids. Also floating rotors aint cheap and I’d like to get my moneys worth out of them 😉

fivespot
    Free Member

I’m using some uberbike race matrix ones at the moment and am suitably impressed.

Me too, they are proving to be very good 😉

I thought the E4 caliper used the same pads as the tech M4 before it.

NO they don’t, pin hole is offset by a few mm. If you put M4 pads in an E4 caliper you might only be getting 70-80% pad covering the disc area and probably the same if E4 pads are fitted to an M4 caliper.

Pads are probably one of the cheapest, most important components on your bike why scrimp 😉

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘None Hope Tech3 E4 Brake Pads ?’ is closed to new replies.