Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Non stick frying pans – a pain!
  • elaineanne
    Free Member

cast iron.. ? you need to be shwartzenager to lift the dam thing ! lol
    Teflon are pretty sound …. i think you did ok on having a pan that lasted 3 years ..think yourself lucky….lol i go through pans like drinking water ! lol…. vacuum cleaners die on me pretty quick too…solved that problem tho with having all wooden floors..lol

Christowkid
    Free Member

Scienceofficer: Ahhhh……b*gger!

P'raps I'll take a look at those steel pans, though having a house full of weak writsts ( non boys!) I'll have to check weights. If that cheap it might be worth a look.

elain anne: Vacuum cleaners – got advice from this forusm – try Sebo, very good!

night all
    Q

sugdenr
    Free Member

Another vote for Sella stainless. Had my set for about 10 yrs, used and very much abused daily. Absolutely as good now as the day I bought them. The key to a good pan, as any chef should tell you, is a heavy solid good conducting base (ideally copper). If you have problem with sticking its not the pan that is the problem, its how you cook. When my pans stick/burn they can handle a damn good scubbing no problem. BTW, best treatment for burned pans is soak in biological powder for 1/2 hr and it'll all come off easypeasy.

Christowkid
    Free Member

sugdenr:
    Yes have seen that advice about washing powder, so tried it finally on the frying pan that was getting sticky. Absolutely finished it off!
    hey ho
    cheers
    Q

bigG
    Free Member

Le Creuset frying pan is the one you need, the last one you’ll buy. Great build quality and it’ll outlast you if you look after it.
    yes it’s expensivebut it’s worth it.

Trust me, a long line of cooks can’t all be wrong..

ji
    Free Member

Stainless steel – relatively cheap, great to cook with, light weight and best of all can be cleaned with wire wool / brillo pads.

Ours have lasted decades. Only other thing close to it is Le Creuset, but the weight is a problem for some.

TooTall
    Free Member

but never seem to find any in sainsbury’s

Top shelf of bacon fridge. It has ‘dry cure’ on the front to help.

druidh
    Free Member

Holy thread resurrection Batman!!

bazwaldo
    Free Member

Try Scanpan.
    Expensive but the best non-stick around. PTFE and PFOA free coating and ours are still going strong after 6yrs daily use. They even do one called IQ which is aluminium cast around a steel plate so it’s induction compatible.

1freezingpenguin
    Free Member

I’ve got one of those Le Creuset pans gets used nearly everyday wouldn’t hesitate to buy another.

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Non stick frying pans – a pain!’ is closed to new replies.