Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Non smokers/Anti smoking league – look away now!!!
  • piemann
    Free Member

With the impending arrival of Piemann Jnr., I want to do the old cliche of smoking a nice big stogie to celebrate.

Is there anywhere in the Manchester area that has a nice humidor with a good selection of cigars?

Any recommendations are also welcome. I've had lovely Cuban cigars and a couple of nice ones from the Domincan Republic.

Pie.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I suggest you light it up in the waiting room just outside the delivery suite.

piemann
    Free Member

Well deadlydarcy, I was thinking more of oustide the pub when wetting the baby's head, but your suggestion does have merit. Perhaps the midwives would actually appreciate the heady aroma…. 😉

It'd make a change from the very hospital-specific smell of poo/vomit/disinfectant that permeates through the wards….. (Wythenshawe BTW)

woody2000

C Aston? in the Royal Exchange Arcade is where you need to be apparently!

binners

Theres a proper tobacconist in the Royal Exchange fella.

Get me one in as well with you. I'll join you. I gather we'll be off for a huge binge around the watering holes of Chorlton when the happy event occurs

BTW: you left your gloves and hat at ours last week as you wobbled off drunkenly into the night. That was the dress rehearsal wasn't it?

sturmey
    Free Member

James Barber http://www.smoke.co.uk Otley based but do mail order if it's of any help.

piemann
    Free Member

Thanks for the suggestions folks. I think I'll head to the Royal Exchange on Saturday for a wee look. I just hope Mrs Pie hangs on till then (6 days to go and counting [nervously…]).

Binners – a session is most definitely on the agenda!!

jon1973
    Free Member

Well deadlydarcy, I was thinking more of oustide the pub when wetting the baby's head

You don't want to rush a nice cigar. Sit outside at home with a nice glass of brandy and take you're time.

We got some nice cigars which I spent about £8 each on on New Years eve. Sat and chilled out and chatted for about 30 mins.

Got ours here in Windsor

They have a huge selection if you're anywhere near Windsor.

toys19
    Free Member

The best tobacconist in the world is in my town McGaheys and they do mail order.

bikemonkey
    Free Member

Astons in the Royal Exchange is great – carry a great range. If you've not smoked much before I'd recommend a Montecristo 4 as it's not too harsh and not too expensive (also what Che Guevara smoked).

If you're a 40 a day man, then something bigger like a Partagas D4 would be nice or maybe you could go all the way with a Partagas Lusitania.

http://www.cgars.com is a great e-cmmerce site that has beginner guides etc.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Cohiba Siglo, maybe
    "Cohíba was originally a private brand supplied exclusively to Fidel Castro and high-level officials in the Communist Party of Cuba and Cuban government. Often given as diplomatic gifts, the Cohíba brand gradually developed a "cult" status. It was released commercially for sale to the public in 1982."
    or a Montecristo as recommended above.

Try looking on the Hunter and Frankau website, they might have a list of who they supply in Manchester.

The only way I know of checking if a cigar is going to be a good smoke is to take it out of the tube and just squeeze it lightly along it's length, if there are any very hard spots, ask for another. Otherwise it might be like sucking a pingpong ball thru a straw. Some people say, if the cigar rattles in the tube when you shake it, it's dry. I'm not entirely convinced about that one tho, although it does kinda make sence.

Good Luck with the birth.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Non smokers/Anti smoking league – look away now!!!’ is closed to new replies.