Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Non slim / athletic fit shell waterproof
  • 1timmy1
    Free Member

I am after a shell breathable waterproof that I can put over my layers that is not a slim / athletic fit. Then I can use it in warmer weather as well as cold. The loose / regular fit jackets I have found are all more bulky and warmer for more winter weather. I am looking at spending under £100, what would you suggest?

jam-bo

One size up from normal?

iainc

Recently got a Madison Flux Superlight, which would fit the bill this one. Pretty impressed with it so far.

1timmy1
    Free Member

Recently got a Madison Flux Superlight, which would fit the bill this one. Pretty impressed with it so far.

What is the fit like? It looks good.

iainc

^^^ sizing is true, I am L in Endura and got this in L. Not roadie tight at all, not too flappy either. Probs wouldn’t wear on road bike where I prefer a tight fit, but ideal for MTB which was why I got it.

It also came out top in current MBR test.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Non slim / athletic

STW’s demographic in a nutshell.

prawny

Bit over £100 but I had a Gore Jacket that I think was a Countdown (5+years ago now), but looked very similar to the current Element that sounds just the job. Got too big though so I sold it on.

1timmy1
    Free Member

^^^ sizing is true, I am L in Endura and got this in L. Not roadie tight at all, not too flappy either. Probs wouldn’t wear on road bike where I prefer a tight fit, but ideal for MTB which was why I got it.

It also came out top in current MBR test.

Cheers for the info, that’s really good to know.

Bit over £100 but I had a Gore Jacket that I think was a Countdown (5+years ago now), but looked very similar to the current Element that sounds just the job. Got too big though so I sold it on.

Just had a look at the Gore Element, adding a hood would cost about £30, so I might go for the Madison as the Gore Countdown is more expensive than the Element.

prawny

Wiggle have a paclite goretex element with hood £112.50, quite fancy one for myself actually.

SOAP
    Free Member

Montane atomic stretch is a really good jacket and I’ve got one for sale in a size large. 😀

paule
    Free Member

Just bought a ron hill trail typhoon smock from wiggle. £60ish. It’s a running jacket, but I think it would be slot on for Mtb also. Looser fitting than most sports waterproofs

bowglie

From my experience, Endura and Madison are more generous on chest/belly sizing than Gore – the Gore Alp X range in particular seems more suitable for slim/athletic body type.

1timmy1
    Free Member

I went with the Madison Flux in the end. The size is fine and just need some time and some rain to test it. The material feels really nice compare to my cheaper DHB. I got it for £77 from Denis Winter through Amazon:

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Non slim / athletic fit shell waterproof’ is closed to new replies.