Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 61 total)
  • Non PC Emporers New Clothes Type Question – TJ Alert
  • G
    Free Member

Why do women spend so much time making themselves look good, only then to complain about being seen as a sex object? Surely thats the idea isn't it?

Discuss

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

It's a nice sunny afternoon, so I've got a couple of decent bottles of Chablis in the cooler. Anyone?

*Pulls up a comfy chair and waits for the bannings*

Olly
    Free Member

never
    ever
    happy.

whats the right answer to "does my bum look big in this"?

yes and you get slapped, no and your a liar!

IanMunro
    Free Member

Women being irrational shocker. 🙂

tankslapper
    Free Member

G

Does this include females who have inappropriate midriffs? Fat mingers who think they're gorgeous you know the ones 😉

nickc

It depends, Everyone like to look "good" that's not limited to women. Now if you interpret that as being a "sex object" which is, lets be honest a pretty derogatory term, then that's your issue not the girl's…

Does my bum look big in this?…

Honesty's the best policy. Now, that doesn't mean you'll give the "right" answer, but if she's asking, then she pretty much deserves to hear the truth.

men being Obtuse shocker 🙂

G
    Free Member

Double post shocker !

G
    Free Member

Wake up and smell the coffee nickc. Don't know where you live, but wander around any town centre on a Friday/Saturday you may find that you clearly identify the occasional sex object wandering about.

G

tankslapper
    Free Member

G

Is this not the 'dirty old man' posts from a few days ago?

What are you doing hanging around in town centres on a Saturday night for?! 😆

zokes
    Free Member

Does this include females who have inappropriate midriffs? Fat mingers who think they're gorgeous you know the ones

Muffintops?

tankslapper
    Free Member

Zokes – muffin tops indeed.

Join MAIM NOW!

(Men Against Inappropriate Midriffs)

nickc

G, most of those girls tend to want paying before they talk to you…

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

yes and you get slapped, no and your a liar!

The answer is "Your bum looks very sexy/lovely/fabulous in that"

Why? Because it does. Just tell the truth.
    🙂

jon1973
    Free Member

"Can you move back a bit, I can't quite fit it all in without moving my head from side to side."

G
    Free Member

Sorry Nickc theres none of that type of woman in my neck of the woods……. I live in Ipswich 😯

Regarding wanting paying, whats the difference between the nice meal/wining/dining scenario, and paying for a prostitute? Personally I reckon ones much more honest than the other from both male and female viewpoints, but thats another story.

Back to the original point. Surely getting the glam on is about finding a mate, thus sex, thus portraying oneself as a sex object. So thats the point surely?

Regarding my personal contribution, apparently farting, picking your nose and scratching your nuts doesn't work……..

joemarshall
    Free Member

The important thing that you're missing here, even if you assume that dressing up nice is done entirely to pull men* it may not be done to pull you (or the sort of man who hangs around making comments about sex to random women in public which is presumably what this is about).

Joe

*There's obviously more to dressing up than that – there's surely a social thing amongst women too about dressing up with their friends, saying ooh, you look lovely etc. and a lot of people just enjoy wearing nice clothes, sometimes it isn't all about you you know!

G
    Free Member

even if you assume that dressing up nice is done entirely to pull men* it may not be done to pull you (or the sort of man who hangs around making comments about sex to random women in public which is presumably what this is about).

To a certain extent I agree with that joe. However, it is something that has always troubled me. The dressing to impress thing is just that, it is a very visual display, but then when men are attracted either in a polite and pleasant way, or even in a laddish prat way, the cry goes up that the response is sexist, perving or whatever. Seems a bit wayward to me.

Bear in mind I'm rather older than most STW'ers and my blonde and dare I say rather attractive daughter might well be one of those that is attracting the attention. Its then me thats going "whoa young lady, do you know what you are doing going out dressed like that?"

PS: Before the obvious …. NO!

MrsToast
    Free Member

OK, I’ll bite. 😉

When women spend ages trying to look good, it is very, very rarely for the benefit of men. They do it because that’s what’s expected of them, and that’s a fact that’s drilled into them from a very early age, and because you get pretty much crucified if you don’t.

Look at fairy tales – all the princesses are good and beautiful, all of the witches and step-sisters are ugly. Look at girl’s toys – makeup sets, hairdressing sets, fashion dolls like the Bratz. You’re pretty much taught from before primary school that make-up, fashion, and looking good is just a normal part of being female – absolutely nothing to with being a sex object. Even when you become an adult, it’s not about pleasing men, but about keeping up with other women. Men can be harsh about women’s appearances, but other women are brutal.

As for the clothes themselves, a lot of women just go by what the magazines and shops say is ‘on-trend’. They wear miniskirts because Kate Moss has designed some for Topshop. They wear tight low slung jeans because that’s what Cosmopolitan says looks good with bright knits. It doesn’t matter if it suits (or even fits) them, they just want to be in fashion.

It’s kind of depressing that wanting to look presentable is seen as the same as asking to be seen as ‘a sex object’ and inviting comment, and that women are still so judged on their appearance, by both men (“Would?”) and women (“OMG celebrity cellulite special!”)

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

and my blonde and dare I say rather attractive daughter might well be one of those that is attracting the attention

I say…..yes, could you please put me through to the rather attracitve daughter……

Dylan08
    Free Member

dey fakkin lav it guvnor!

G
    Free Member

Thanks Mrs Toast, Great reply……. so you mean all those scantily clad young frippets on a Friday night are not actually trying to get me into bed!! 😯

Bugger!!! Double Bugger!!!

Now then the problem with that is that honest men have two categories of women, those we've slept with, and those we've yet to get around to. Dishonest men apparently have a third, which is "those we're trying to bed by pretending that we don't have the first two categories".

Now then the problem with that is that there is I sense a fundamental mismatch of understanding of where people are coming from. So surely life would be considerably simpler if everyone simply said what they meant as opposed to pussyfooting about with PC'ness?

G
    Free Member

Capn…. read my lips!

PS: Before the obvious …. NO!

AndyP
    Free Member

The answer is "Your bum looks very sexy/lovely/fabulous in that"

Why? Because it does. Just tell the truth.

you've clearly never been to Oldham…

uplink
    Free Member

When women spend ages trying to look good, it is very, very rarely for the benefit of men

There's one woman in our office & 5 men
    When we have the field engineers [all men] coming in she suddenly turns up dressed 'differently' now this could well be to impress other women in the building but not from where I'm sitting it isn't

Long may it continue to be so too 😀

MrsToast
    Free Member

Now then the problem with that is that honest men have two categories of women, those we've slept with, and those we've yet to get around to. Dishonest men apparently have a third, which is "those we're trying to bed by pretending that we don't have the first two categories"

So all men want to (or already have) slept with their mother/sisters/daughters/Hazel Blears? And there are no gays? You're obviously from an odd part of town….:P

nickc

I think G is from the "I'm bored and I'm trolling" part of town… 🙂

MrsToast
    Free Member

Trolls need feeding too! For just five minutes a day, you can make sure that they don't go hungry!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

G, who said what I had in mind was going to be obvious?

😈

Sandwich

And he's an Ipswich troll too. Back under Stoke Bridge G!

G
    Free Member

Its a lie I was never there and I didn't touch her…….

Troll? Bored ? Yeah to the latter, maybe to the former.

But I'm sticking with the point. I think Mrs T. is putting a rather girly tint on the truth, as uplink has pointed out. As indeed some blokes will put a PC one on my two types theory. However, basically in essence its true, there are notable exceptions perhaps, but in general true. So surely as we all know that deep down, isn't it more realistic and honest to cough to it, and then have proper grown up conversations and social norms that accomodate the reality, rather than the frankly stupid denial of the truth that we have now?

I'm going home now, but in closing and in answer to Mrs Toasts :-

So all men want to (or already have) slept with their mother/sisters/daughters/Hazel Blears? And there are no gays? You're obviously from an odd part of town….:P

Like I said the rest I haven't got round to yet, and when I've been through all the preferable options that are before those ones, then I probably will. However, as even at my prodgious bonk rate, I can't really see me seeing off several billion women before I pop my clogs, I'm pretty sure that my old mum can rest safe in her grave tonight.

stumpyjon

Sorry with G on this one, most blokes (in their head at least) would given half a chance bed as many women as they could. Things that general hold us back are:

1. wife / GF / significant other being emotional hurt by said beding.
    2. similar but more down to earth, the financial impact of 1.
    3. the fact that most women don't seem top want to sleep with every bloke.
    4. even if they did, most of us blokes would fit into the Hazel Blears category and that's probably where most women would draw the line (if you follow).
    5. many blokes (me included) would cack ourselves if an attractive women atually showed some interest.

Interesting points made by Mrs Toast, hadn't thought about the upbringing aspect. All my 5 year old daughter wants to do is dress up as fairies, ballet dancers and princess', she'd play with makeup given half a chance and her mother's not the sort to always have some slap on. Makes sense that alot of dressing up is an extension of childhood play.

stumpyjon

and the most likely to get slapped response is:

No, but it'd look better out of it – boom boom.

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

Distance from our hall to the car = 15'
    Time taken to get into car by me = 10 seconds max – includes locking front door.
    Time taken when wifey is with me = probably 10mins.. that doesn't include locking the front door.
    I took the mirror out the hall when we last decorated and it has made no difference whatsoever.

tankslapper
    Free Member

A man without a woman is like a fish without a bicycle

IanMunro
    Free Member

If women dress to please other women, does that mean women like looking at other women's breasts a lot? I only ask because men (with certain exceptions) tend not to dress in really skimpy clothes so that other blokes can get a glimpse of their naughty bits 🙂

tankslapper
    Free Member

If women dress to please other women, does that mean women like looking at other women's breasts a lot? I only ask because men (with certain exceptions) tend not to dress in really skimpy clothes so that other blokes can get a glimpse of their naughty bits

Why do I suddenly feel dirty? 😯

G
    Free Member

Why do I suddenly feel dirty?

In my experience Tanky, that question would have more reasonance if it were rephrased a tad along the lines "Why do I not feel dirty?". In fact I was just about to use you as the prefect example of my two types of women theory. Thus proving beyond doubt that I am at the very least partially right…… and now you've spoiled it! 😥

Anyway, re Stumpyjon and IanMunro. Thanks guys… honest blokes, see girls there is such a thing. Now then one small point of order stumpy.. What stops us is in fact fear plain and simple. Fear of being caught. Remove that fear and WAAAAA HEY here we go here we go here we go !!

And that Children is why women are both very visually attractive to us menfolks, but also have an enormous scary gene count.

CountZero

5. many blokes (me included) would cack ourselves if an attractive women atually showed some interest.

Really? I was delighted when the exceptionally lovely new sales rep I worked with once said yes when I asked her out. We were together for three years. She's still beautiful, and possibly my best friend still, after twenty odd years. But maybe I was just lucky.

tankslapper
    Free Member

Men are attracted to women…….shocker!

G, what do you mean?!!! Right that it, give me 20 mins to get my lippy on, my fishnets and heels and find my snorkel parka and I'll be with you…. 😯

G
    Free Member

What I was trying to say through a haze of alcohol fumes that it would only be noteworty if you didn't feel dirty. Knowing you as I do, feeling dirty is the norm surely?

Anyway, semantics apart, I accept your offer, sounds like an approrpiate assignation for Stoke Bridge to me!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘Non PC Emporers New Clothes Type Question – TJ Alert’ is closed to new replies.