Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • (Non-MTB) weekend in the Lake District?
  • Duane…
    Free Member

Hi all,

Planning a weekend to the Lakes start of June with a few mates. Unfortunately no MTBing. Hoping for a bit of walking/hiking, lake chilling, maybe a road ride, barbecue, beers, and some camping.

Not spent much time at all in the Lakes, so, thoughts on where to go?

Firstly, camping. Would like a campsite that doesn’t mind 10ish people, probably make a bit of noise (but not exactly all night raving), and decent facilities. If there is “glamping” (wigwams etc) on site too that would be even better. Somewhere with nearby walking, a lake, road riding etc would be perfect.

Any lakes definitely worth visiting? Any nice relaxed walks not to miss? Nice pubs to visit?

Any thoughts in general really would be much appreciated!

Ta,
    Duane.

senorj

Pub crawl in Cleator/Cleator Moor ftw. 😉
    I know a lot of campsites don’t like a rowdy bunch of males,have you considered hiring a cottage?
    Coppermines in coniston have some excellent places.

Duane…
    Free Member

Good point, although it will be a mix of guys/girls, and we will do our best to keep the noise down! Not really sure on numbers, so booking a cottage will be tricky.

jam-bo

I rode through Rydal hall last week. They have camping pods spread through the woods and firepits etc by the looks of it. Close-ish to Ambleside and straight up onto the fells. Rydal water isn’t far either.

stevestunts
    Free Member

Coniston Hall sounds like it might fit the bill. I’ll let you figure out where it is 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘(Non-MTB) weekend in the Lake District?’ is closed to new replies.