Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Non Camelbak bladders
  • Caher

caught on a thorn last weekend I’ve holed my Camelbak Bladder, so looking around at Decathlon etc and wondering if there are alternatives or Is Camelbak still king in the bladder world?

darrenspink
    Free Member

Hydrapak are great IMO as you can turn them inside out to wash.

cb200
    Free Member

My Evoc one is great, and again able to be turned inside out is a bonus feature.

mccraque

Deuter or Stream are my favourites.

There is a bar that slides across the top to open and close them. You can fully get your hand in to clean and dry them. Additionally you can clip and unclip the hose at the bag. Meaning they are very easy to thread through your bag or to fit a thermal sleeve in winter.

PrinceJohn

How small a hole? I repaired my camelbak bladder with a self adhesive park patch, kept going for years after.

Personally speaking tho, I’m a big fan of the osprey bladders.

Caher

A full rip I’m afraid so not really repairable. Like the idea of turning inside out. Thanks.

andybrad

ive had a lot (but not the source ones) the best for me are the hydrapak ones. cheap, very robust and easy to clean.

Beagleboy

Last bladder I got was a 2l Karrimor job from the sports shop that sells all the cheap trainers. I appreciate it’s not that trendy, but it does the job.

https://www.jjbsports.com/karrimor-hydration-bladder-787045?colcode=78704502

hardtail5
    Free Member

I’ve just fitted a Decathalon 2L to my MULE that didn’t come with one.  I have no experience of any others, I’ve used it once, but it seems to work.

ninfan
    Free Member

I’ve found the source military ones very good, and can be had quite cheap.

Being able to open the top properly to clean inside is a real advantage, plus the UTA tap adapter is genius

Be aware there’s two types of valve/mouthpiece out there though.

tdog
    Free Member

Another vote for Hydrapak and Evoc packs that come with Hydrapak bladders.

alpin
    Free Member

Osprey or Evoc (Evocs are made by Osprey).

Easy to close. Decent bite valve. Easy to clean.

Oh, and magnets!

bikemad
    Free Member

Sports direct or Mountain warehouse only £8-£10 I’ve used them for years normally get a new one every year.

zerolight
    Free Member

Another vote for Osprey. Have one in my backpack.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Mountain Whorehouse for me, £6 I think.

first one leaked, took it back, second one perfect. It’s like an old school Camelbak design.

darrenspink
    Free Member

<span style=”color: #444444; font-size: 16px;”>”Evocs are made by Osprey”</span>

Evoc and osprey are both hydrapack partnerships.

jairaj

Another vote for hydrapak. Prefer the sliding bar to open the pack; which gives an nice wide opening; hose has a quick release which is drip free; can be turned inside out for easy cleaning. The after sales support is very very good too!

benp1

Don’t know about the hydrapak ones, I’ve always had camelbak ones. But I’ve noticed that on some of the cheap ones there is nothing stopping the bag from bulging. The Camelbak ones have a strip down the middle that stops the front and back from bulging away from each other

zilog6128

Sports direct or Mountain warehouse only £8-£10 I’ve used them for years normally get a new one every year.

This makes absolutely no sense to me. Why not spend slightly more on a decent brand that will last for many years?

cookeaa

I’ve a ‘Source – Widepac 2’ one I use if I’m riding with a pack (not very often these days) Full width roll-top opening so you can properly empty and clean it and a quick connect type hose fitting so you can detach the hose from the full bladder and not spill a drop…

http://www.sourcehydration.co.uk/products/best-seller-widepac-2-litres-reservoir

loomis78
    Free Member

ive got an unused camelbak bladder you can have. Drop me a line if you’re interested

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Non Camelbak bladders’ is closed to new replies.