Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Non-bikey stuff to do in Fort William
  • JoeNation
    Free Member

I'm going camping with the missus in Fort William next week, but we're not taking bikes. Anyone got any top tips for stuff to do nearby? We'll have a car and walking boots, but not much money.

jam-bo

see them hills?

thegreatape
    Free Member

Go walking every day.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    TandemJeremy
    Free Member

The jacobite express?

£30 an adult tho so maybe a bit pricy

Swiftacular
    Free Member

Rent bikes? 😉

Big-Dave
    Free Member

Ben Nevis, Glen Nevis, Glen Coe, the Devils Staircase, Kinlochleven. They are all worth checking out for walks and are all over fairly different types of terrain.

You can hire bikes in Fort William as well although last time I did it had square wheels and worn out brakes. That was a while ago mind and they should have improved the bikes they have (just get there early in the day to avoid being lumbered with an old nail).

Pigface
    Free Member

Glen Nevis distillery was good when we made a show about it.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Hike the mamores – not too taxing on the whole.
    Kinlochleven has a nice friendly indoor climbing centre: ice factor
    Some nice wet-day driving tours
    Witches trail is OK. I rented from the Aonach Mor lift station.

cove123

visit Oban, stop at Castle Stalker cafe, Appin, any of the isle's of the coast..sea life center, Taynuilt and Robins nest for best cake in the area!!!

go north Loch ness?

AlasdairMc

When are you there? I'm walking Ben Nevis on the 1st

JoeNation
    Free Member

We're heading back south on the 31st so we'll just miss you.

Thanks for all the thoughts, keep 'em coming.

druidh
    Free Member

Make sure you bring a brolly – it's chucking it down atm

montylikesbeer

Try here, the sands at Morar, just south of Mallaig, jez what a place.

Apart from that just look around you, hills, views the whole place is stunning.

twiglet_monster
    Free Member

Ice Factor Climbing centre at Kinlochleven – seconded. really fascinating to spend some time simply watching folks enjoying the fantastic facilities.

Glen Nevis Distillery is fun if you've not seen how whisky is made before. They have spectacularly cheesey film to sit through first. Oh and if you get the guide we had (I doubt they are many) he'll gladly talk about bikes and Steve Peat's alleged "behaviour" 😮

Oh and lots of outdoor places to browse for kit you don't need/like the look of/do actually need.

TM

andylaightscat
    Free Member

Go to look at Glenfinnan(sp?) monument and see the jacobite express go over the viaduct,then about a couple of miles north there's the railway museum where the cafe uses an origional 1930's dining car and you can go on a boat trip on the loch(about 3hrs) guy who takes it very interesting on local history and the wildlife.

Hairychested
    Free Member

Why don't you forget to not take your bike?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Non-bikey stuff to do in Fort William’ is closed to new replies.