Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Non Bike specific multi tool
  • luketracey

Looking for a multi tool for my brother for xmas, he lives on a narrow boat so space is at a premium, wondering what’s good for a multitool around the £30 mark?

Cheers

craigxxl
    Free Member

Gerber Suspension at that price point

mikewsmith
    Free Member

The 3 tools he uses the most in proper sizes.

cookeaa

…he lives on a narrow boat…

So he needs a range of precision tooling at his fingertips eh?

All bases covered, you might want to get him a grimey old bag to keep them all in too…

dannybgoode

Gerber Suspension is only £19.99 on Amazon at the moment – bargain at that price I’d say

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Gerber-22-01471-Suspension-Multi-Plier/dp/B000EDPT9K

craigxxl
    Free Member

I carry the Gerber Suspension in my work and for the price it is great. It doesn’t compare to the Leatherman Charge Ti that I also have but neither does the price.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Must be a very narrow narrow boat, sod the multi tool buy him a hammock instead.

orangeboy
    Free Member

Very happy with my leather man rebar but the only place I can find it near your price is a random Spanish marine web site

http://shop.topboats.com/tienda/accesorios/navajas_cuchillos/multiusos-leatherman/leatherman-rebar

I’ve nerer used this company so don’t take this as a recommendation

But the tool is far better than any Gerber one I’ve had as the wire cutting blades can be replaced

PePPeR

I had a Gerber with replaceable cutting blades, but Gerber wanted £22 for the replacement cutters, and when I can buy a new Gerber suspension for £19 delivered, the suspension is a great little knife!

mattbee

Yep, Gerber Suspension is good apart from rubbish Philips screwdriver. Cheap enough to not worry about losing it or owt and the blades are usefully sharp.
    Use one for work & keep my Gerber Crucial for ‘best’ (in my Camelbak)…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Non Bike specific multi tool’ is closed to new replies.