• This topic has 46 replies, 42 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Houns.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)
  • Nominations for worst website
  • cudubh

I have just spent the last half hour trying to buy tickets on the Ticketmaster website. I get to the final page and hit submit order and then nothing happens. It doesn’t even say I have made an error in entering any of the required information, it just does nothing. I really hate their site with a passion. It is a pain to use to use in every conceivable way but for practically every event I want to go to it is the only option to buy tickets.

Is there any site worse than this one?

Sorry for the lack of random capitals and sweary words.

mtbfix

New Bikeradar.

cudubh

But at least I am not trying to buy stuff off the Bikeradar site

llama

student finance

superstar – can’t enter their front door unless your browser supports flash

IHN

Co-op online banking.

Looks like someone knocked it up from raw HTML in about 1998.

Functionality (or lack thereof) is woeful.

z1ppy

llama …Superstar, search for component they sell and get past the 1st page using that link instead of the stupid front page

Jamie
    Free Member

Superstar’s new website is a fun place to try and buy stuff.

sazter

Another vote for superstar. They must have lost a lot of sales with this insanely bad change. The site is dire, dropdowns lead to pop-ups which repeat the dropdown with some products taking you on a dropdown loop of madness until you forget what you needed and go make coffee (drink all the beer) instead.

j0bsy
    Free Member

Got to love that Warner Brothers are still paying to host this site.

http://www2.warnerbros.com/spacejam/movie/jam.htm

Hasn’t changed design since 1996.

BoardinBob

B&Qs is horrific. +1 for Superstar

antimony
    Free Member

Lingscars
    very successful but gives me a headache.

woody74

+ 1 for COOP banking website
    Superstar and Chain Reaction do see overly complicated

chambord
    Free Member

Lingscars

That website is incredible

bearnecessities

Gumtree, from a mobile device.

Just crap, although after reading something on here yesterday, I suspect it’s probably intentionally shonky as the site owner is eBay.

PJM1974
    Free Member

UKIP website…the presentation is okay, but it’s full of shit.

mrchrist

Lingscars
    That website is incredible

YES!

woody74

Lingcars is just great for how awful it is. Just madness on a webpage. I wonder what they are like as a company as the website must be intentional

Cougar

the website must be intentional

It is. I don’t know as it was to begin with, but it certainly is now.

br
    Free Member

Gumtree, from a mobile device.

and from a PC

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Yep, know a ex-Lingscar developer – it’s all intentional!

mike_p
    Free Member

Ryanair. Designed by cheapskate con-men for the exploitation of cheapskate idiots

binners

Parcel Farces website informs you that it doesn’t support Mac based browsers. Its handy that nobody uses any Apple products to get online nowadays then eh? 🙄

rickmeister

Recreational Pharmacuticals and LingCars…. Happy Daze ..

Once upon a time the STW massive was hammering a Mobile Disco website that was built on an Atari, it was that bad….

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Wiggle

singletrackgrace
    Free Member

This is a website where the content is regularly maintained. It is also the preserving the Internet of the 1990s.

Fabricland

As a sewer, Fabric Land is actually a well-used website and is popular with many fabric shoppers.

lemonysam
    Free Member

Parcel Farces website informs you that it doesn’t support Mac based browsers. Its handy that nobody uses any Apple products to get online nowadays then eh?

Pah, TNT’s B2B website used to require you to use a specific version of internet explorer with a specific version of Acrobat Reader and a specific version of JRE. All of which were about 5 years out of date. It was almost impossible to upload manifest files because you spent the whole time getting rid of pop-ups telling you that the system was out of date.

theprancinghorse
    Free Member

Autotrader! I spend far too long on there…

BoardinBob

Beneath the visual horror that is Lings cars, it’s actually one of the best I’ve used. Everything you need is right there in front of you. It’s remarkably easy to navigate and it just works perfectly. I leased my car from there and it was an absolute doddle. Other leasing websites are almost downright misleading. Ling is completely transparent.

bigG
    Free Member

This one is a stonker, which is annoying because the content is actually quite useful.

stumpy01

edf energy’s website.

Just switched to them, but trying to enter my initial meter reading and got nowhere. The website kept telling me I wasn’t authorised and kicked me out to the log in page. Tried several times, then got a phone call from Scottish Power saying sorry you’re leaving, we can offer you X deal, which is Y% cheaper than edf’s if you stay with us.

Given I’ve had no issues with Scottish Power’s website and fell at the first hurdle with edf energy I have gone back to Scottish Power.

pezza
    Free Member

This is a website where the content is regularly maintained. It is also the preserving the Internet of the 1990s.

http://fabricland.co.uk

On that note, this site is also amazing…

http://www.webkinglasvegas.com/

Don’t worry it’s safe for work, just not your eyes!

woodlikesbeer
    Free Member

BBC sIgh Player

johndoh
    Free Member

Re Lings Cars, as above it is entirely intentional. As a site (if you look past the visual stuff) the UX is pretty good really.

She (Ling) once spoke at a web dev conference a colleague attended and came on stage in a dalek…

MrSalmon
    Free Member

New Bikeradar.

It really baffles me why they put that picture of the editor at the bottom. Who do they think wants to see him? Why is it there?

cp

Lings is like that on purpose, and works for them.

Superstar’s new website is crap because for some unknown reason they decided on some weird convoluted product selection process that no one has seen before and is far from intuitive, never mind needing a thousand clicks just to make a simple wheel configuration selection, for example. madness. never mind the fact that on mobile devices, it barely works.

With over half of all e-retail traffic now coming via smartphones and tablet devices, the latest results reveal a huge landmark in the growth of mobile commerce.

so I vote superstar, mainly because they proclaimed it was going to be great and loads better than their previous. And it’s just far far worse.

lunge

New Bikeradar looks OK but really does not play well with Chrome on my iPad or iPhone, keeps crashing and/or not loading at all.

nick1962
    Free Member

+1 Superstar.I ordered two sets of wheels in the past from their e mailshots but when the new mailshots arrive I cant even find what they say is on offer!Tried to price up some wheelsets for comparison the other day and just gave up.

mudshark
    Free Member

Ling was on Dragon’s Den years ago.

Jamie
    Free Member

It really baffles me why they put that picture of the editor at the bottom. Who do they think wants to see him? Why is it there?

Oh. That’s who that is, I did wonder.

kenneththecurtain
    Free Member

Ebay and gumtree mobile are both shit.

IIRC you can’t sort by distance in search results, most annoying.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Nominations for worst website’ is closed to new replies.