Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 73 total)
  • Noel Gallaghers new song
  • donks
    Free Member

never thought I say this (out loud) but his new single is really bloody good. Fair play Noel and keep it up.

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

I’m the same ,its very infectious.I never got Oasis and found them and the stuff that brother Liam is churning out [ and a lot of Noel’s stuff] utter dross, however I find myself liking this-good solid rock .

edlong
    Free Member

Is that the one he did on Jools Holland a week or two back?

If so, it genuinely sounds like a Status Quo number that’s had a horn section dropped on it.

Catchy.

the-muffin-man

Holy Mountain?

Sounds like he’s been listening to the Best of Gary Glitter.

legend
    Free Member

Holy Mountain is a cracking wee tune. Love that is came from a challenge to use the whistle bit from the start of Chewin’ Gum Kid

DezB
    Free Member

Considers starting a thread for every good new song I hear…

legend
    Free Member

Wouldn’t be any worse than the posters that have to start a thread every time they have to make a decision in life

the-muffin-man

Oh please do DezB – I’m lost musically and need guidance from a higher being.

SaxonRider

I don’t hate it, but it seems very flat to me. It just doesn’t have a melodic catch.

Pook

Holy Mountain I’m not too keen on but Fort Knox is a banger

DezB
    Free Member

Oh please do DezB – I’m lost musically and need guidance from a higher being.

😆 People would soon get fed up with it! you’ll have to make do with Noel Boring and his Retro Dicky Birds

jimjam
    Free Member

donks – Member

but his new single is really bloody good.

Well thanks for embedding it so I could judge for myself 😉

Rorschach
    Free Member

Sounds like he’s been listening to The Vaccines.

donks
    Free Member

Leave it out Dez 😉
    Only mentioned it because I’ve pretty much hated everything him and his brother have turned out but caught him on 6music the other day and the new songs he played live were pretty decent.
    Maybe he’s turned a corner and there life in the old dog yet.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Dez or Noel?

DezB
    Free Member

I only go in a straight line

prawny

It’s good I reckon, probably the best thing a Gallagher has done since Live Forever. Other than split up Oasis obvs.

BobaFatt
    Free Member

Gary Glitter singing She Bangs (ironically)

craig24
    Free Member

I quite like Holy Mountain but Fort Knox is brilliant. Album looks promising.

DezB
    Free Member

So, out of well, nothing really, this is what I was listening to for the past 10mins
    https://broadsofnorfolk.bandcamp.com/track/our-holiday-1934-with-milly-hirst

It’s free to dl and quite lovely. I’m at peace.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Ghah! It’s incredulous noise, like all his other stuff.

sadexpunk

Only mentioned it because I’ve pretty much hated everything him and his brother have turned out but caught him on 6music the other day and the new songs he played live were pretty decent.
    Maybe he’s turned a corner and there life in the old dog yet.

im the same, i wondered if thats what this thread would be about. a hearty dislike of oasis and the gallaghers, always said that even if they did a good song itd be impossible for me to like it once i found out it was them.

but……i love it. funnily enough its been getting a right slagging off on all the social media threads ive seen, this is the first time ive seen anyone like it. great tune, great riff, whats not to like!

doris5000

you mean the one that keeps sounding a bit like ‘She Bangs’ by Ricky Martin?

the-muffin-man

It’s free to dl and quite lovely. I’m at peace.

…playing in a shopping centre lift near you soon! 😀

Caher

It’s ok but somehow I feel I have heard it before somewhere.

edlong
    Free Member

It’s incredulous noise

Ey?

you mean the one that keeps sounding a bit like ‘She Bangs’ by Ricky Martin?

Nailed it!

Mr_C
    Free Member

First time I heard it I thought Reverend and the Makers and had done a collaboration with Spider Stacy.

Ghah! It’s incredulous noise

I wasn’t aware that noise could believe in anything.

timmys

I’m out of the loop on Noelly G, but what happened to that album of bangin’ dance tracks he was meant to be putting out around the time of his debut solo album? I was hoping for stuff akin to his work with the Chemical Brothers (Setting Sun etc.), but nothing ever appeared…

DezB
    Free Member

somehow I feel I have heard it before somewhere.

That’s so unusual with Noel G songs!

@timmys – this album was made with dance producer David Holmes, so it’s probably it.

edlong
    Free Member

I wasn’t aware that noise could believe in anything.

You can have an incredulous noise – it’s the “hmmm” that accompanies a slow nodding of the head and signifies “What you just said is total bollocks.”

Not sure that the latest Noel Gallagher single sounds like that though.

seosamh77
    Free Member

Just a scan through the album…..

Shite! 😆

scaredypants

you mean the one that keeps sounding a bit like ‘She Bangs’ by Ricky Martin Plastic Bertrand ?

timmys

@timmys – this album was made with dance producer David Holmes, so it’s probably it.

Narp, went and answered my own question, this was what I was thinking of;
    https://www.theguardian.com/music/2015/may/07/noel-gallagher-oasis-amorphous-androgynous-too-afraid-to-be-weird

jambalaya
    Free Member

Have always liked him, hope this does well. Was lucky enough to see him okay with his band High Flying Birds at the Singapore F1.

wildheart
    Free Member

You mean the,er,homage to Ca Plane Pour Moi ? Complete with “oo-OOO-ee-oo” ? He always did like to borrow a good tune if I remember.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTo79sPCVXA

wrightyson
    Free Member

I’ll be up the front some time in March watching him, well I think it’s March? In the meantime I’ll be at rock city next Friday, don’t you dare look at who’s on 😉

scoob67
    Free Member

As above, Ca plan poir moi screaming out from it. Doesn’t make it bad though. Best thing either of the Galls have done since Whats the Story although Liams ‘For What Its Worth’ wasn’t too bad either.

CountZero

As above, Ca plan poir moi screaming out from it. Doesn’t make it bad though. Best thing either at least one of the Galls have done since Whats the Story although forever. Liams ‘For What Its Worth’ wasn’t too bad either just as rubbish as the rest of their joint efforts.

smogmonster

Liam’s album is fantastic as well – i expected it to be terrible after the Beady Eye aural horrors – its definitely worth 40 minutes of your time to have a listen.

Merak

I’ll save you all the bother, it’s shite.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 73 total)

The topic ‘Noel Gallaghers new song’ is closed to new replies.