Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Noel Fielding's Comedy show, E4
  • DrP

erm, ahhh, err, OK – probably won’t sleep well tonight…..

DrP

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Emperor’s
    New
    Clothes
    FACT

Ringo
    Free Member

its piss **** poor

bobbyg81
    Free Member

Last weeks was awful too. I think it’s safe to say Julian Barrat was the brains when they were a duo.

Spin
    Free Member

Didn’t watch this weeks. I take it it was no improvement?

DrP

Normally I like things most people don’t get, but…I don’t geddit….

DrP

Spin
    Free Member

Wierdness / surreality only works if it’s effortless. Once you start straining for it it just looks sad.

‘I’m a bit mad, me’ course you are love…

loum
    Free Member

samuri
    Free Member

What a pity. The mighty boosh was in places, genius.

This is just stupid.

bobbyg81
    Free Member

I was similarly disappointed with Frankie Boyles’ Tramadol Nights. It was pish!

If you’ve never seen Nathan Barley, get a hold of that to have a laugh at something proper gid!

Kato

If you’ve never seen Nathan Barley, get a hold of that to have a laugh at something proper gid!

+1 it’s well jackson

bobbyg81
    Free Member

Awesome fu@#ing Welles!

BlobOnAStick

*sigh* For ‘ unpredictable comedy’ the outcome of this show was remarkably predictable.

But I don’t think that Julian Barrat was ‘ the brains’, I just think he was a balance for Noel’s outlandish ideas.

bobbyg81
    Free Member

I think Barrat was just as outlandish as far as writing was concerned. Have you seen his early standup? His material was as surreal as Noel Fieldings. Fielding is just more of an exhibitionist.

BlobOnAStick

Yeah, I suppose what I mean is that he was mainly the ‘straight man’, if that’s an appropriate term, in the Boosh.

Spin
    Free Member

I think what we can draw from this is that Boosh was greater than the sum of its parts.

bobbyg81
    Free Member

I get you. It will be interesting to see what Barrat does next. I wonder if he’s maybe hit his peak with the Boosh aswell?

cbike
    Free Member

I saw them at the Edin fest before they were famous. They are still not funny. The moon was the best bit in the show. I believe its still in overuse today.

BlobOnAStick

Yep, I also saw them in Edinburgh before they landed the radio show. They blew my comedy chip. I thought they were brilliant.

Horse for courses.

BlobOnAStick

Oops. A secondary post….

But while I’m correcting, Julian has turned up in the Sky adaptation of Treasure Island and also as a narrator for a couple of documentaries recently (can’t remember exactly which one – could it have been the ‘Party Paramedics’ quality channel 4 programme?)

bobbyg81
    Free Member

I didnt catch treasure island.trailers looked good though.im a big fan of eddie izzard so will watch it at some point.

I was more talking about seeing what barrats actual writing will bring, rather than his acting etc.

dogbert
    Free Member

Just caught 10 minutes of this on e4, christ o got more of a laugh out of eastenders

trying far too hard. i enjoyed Mighty Boosh because it was seemed to have a story to the comedy, and it seemed to flow really well (Tony Harrison still makes me giggle) but it just doesn’t work as a weird sketch show…..student humour at its worst

Edit: scarily enough its already been picked up for a second series…….for some reason

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Noel Fielding's Comedy show, E4’ is closed to new replies.