Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Nobby Nics – sidewalls worn through after 10 weeks riding.
  • Kramer
    Free Member

Anyone else had this happen? They came as OEM with my bike halfway through June, and now they're worn through on the side walls, both front and back.

I wouldn't mind, but I swapped them out for my trip to Morzine, and I didn't take my own bike to St Foy last week.

I wouldn't mind if they were super grippy, but they're blatantly not. 😡

radoggair
    Free Member

10 weeks, as long as that. You should be lucky. Personally think schwalbe need to add some more protectiveness to their rubber before robbing our money of us

Kramer
    Free Member

Really? I've been riding them twice a week, mostly Peak District, a few trail centres, 10 weeks doesn't seem an acceptable lifespan for a £40 tyre?

coogan
    Free Member

I don't get why people rate them so much. Had a set and had non stop pinch flats, they felt squishy no matter what pressure I had in them. They were pulled off the bike after a couple of months at the most. Utter garbage.

Kramer
    Free Member

I've had too many pinch flats to count with them. Glad to see the back of them.

Zone
    Free Member

Race tyre!

racing_ralph
    Free Member

swap out or swap – hmm?

chakaping
    Free Member

Really? I've been riding them twice a week, mostly Peak District, a few trail centres, 10 weeks doesn't seem an acceptable lifespan for a £40 tyre?

Nobody has said it's acceptable, just that they're crap tyres.

I've always thought they were a bit emperor's new clothes, same experience as Coogan basically.

richc
    Free Member

Where I personally really get on with them, they are grippy in most conditions, and not too draggy. However I do make sure I get the snakeskin/alpinecross versions.

Great tyres, however if you get the normal ones, and drag them through rocks (rather than over) they don't last long

Baldysquirt

My Maxxis Ardents have lasted a similar length of time. Worn right through the side wall (not cut, just worn) in 3 seperate places, which have all been lined with a boot. Might last another month, but I'm not buying them again, despite really liking them otherwise. The Kendas I had on the same bike had lasted about 18 months and were only starting to show any sign of side wall wear.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Run as tubeless or tubed?

Garry_Lager

The UST NNs are great tires IME – so good I'm getting bored of them. Was it the UST that you were using? I've had one on the front of both my bikes for years – they're easily the best allrounder I've used.

tops5
    Free Member

Same problem with Schwalbe fat alberts FWIW

richc
    Free Member

really! what are you doing to them? fat alberts have the snakeskin sides and even hammering my through the rocks in Alpujarras I didn't tear mine, and I destroy kit

tops5
    Free Member

mainly ride trail centres these days, I'm 14st and a bit ham fisted!

They finally gave up at Llandegla last week – ripped on the new rock chute thing, the fibres had been showing through the sidewalls for a while tho

takisawa2

Overpriced, overrated.
    Never experienced the levels of grip they were supposed to offer.
    Kenda Nev/Blue Groove loads loads better, if a little heavier.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Nobby Nics – sidewalls worn through after 10 weeks riding.’ is closed to new replies.