Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Nobby Nics
  • SOAP
    Free Member

As it’s getting wetter any good for the months ahead?

sofatester
    Free Member

Only one way to find out 😉

Stevo210
    Free Member

Wets ok, in sloppy mud they aint too clever.

P20

I like mine. Used them last winter, though the 2.4 on the front seemed to surf a bit so i’ve changed to 2.25

daveb
    Free Member

I used them all through last winter, might have been nice to have a mud tyre for the really gloopy stuff but all good and will be running them again this winter.

tur80
    Free Member

I think they are an allround ideal choice for UK Winter.

There are better all out mud tyres – but they are heavier so slower when it is not so chitty.

emac65
    Free Member

After the sidewalls going in just over 12 months, again!I’m probably not going to bother with anymore Nics…..Or Ralph’s.As much as I like them,they just don’t last as well as other tyres….. 😕

P20

Emac, I’ve had sidewall problems with the evo’s. Just switched to snake skins and hope that solves my only issue

zippykona

zippykona

On one have some Schwalbe cx pro tyres for £9.99.
    Skinny 26” cyclo cross tyres. I run these in our local gloop and they are ace. They won’t get you up a muddy climb any better but they slice through mud sections where you would normally be walking a treat. There’s none of that skidding about when you hit a mud patch either.
    Wouldn’t go anywhere near rocks with them though.

Wookster

The sidewalls are made of cheese. Destroyed a pair on the south downs in one ride! Were very good in loamy stuff mind!

SOAP
    Free Member

Wanted 2.25 snakeskin.
    I want to give Schwalbe another go but don’t wanna pay full whack.

allmountain76
    Free Member

Dont get the TLR 2.25 Evo versions. I cant speak for other versions but the afore mentioned are utter guff. £40 odd quid a piece and in two rides i had 3 splits in the front sidewalls and 2 in the rear after ae and Glentress. The carcass was also showing signs of nicks and marks between the treads. I binned them and went back to LUST Maxxis and have not had an issue since. Oh and depending on how and where you ride the grip is average at best. I was running 2.25’s and im now on 2.35 Minion Single ply front and Ignitor 2.35 LUST rear (carcass very close in width) and the grip in all circumstances including winter mud and gloop is measurably higher. I ride in the lakes and trail centres and i would say wet rock was ok, loose shale was awful, mud was average, compacted trails reasonable.

michaelmcc
    Free Member

More of a soft weather tyre I think. I’d reach for maxxis ignitors over them for all round use.

And the sidewalls are pretty bad on Schwalbe tyres, i keep mine for racing really.

honourablegeorge

Snakeskin sidewalls are rock solid.

Don’t understand people buying the lightest possible versions and complaining that they’re flimsy. If you want light tyres, put up with flimsy sidewalls. If you want light tyres that don’t split, get snakeskin. If you want heavy tyres that don’t split, get maxxis. Simple.

allmountain76
    Free Member

The weight and sidewall variety is irrelevant. Schwalbe tout the nobby nice as their all mountain tyre. It’s not. It’s for lightweights and racers or people who ride on tow paths. Period. I’ll gladly push another 100g per tyre for no punctures and much greater grip.

rewski
    Free Member

Anyone on crossmarks? I’ve just given my rear bonty xr3 a right battering on the flint on the SDW, tread is shredded.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

If you want to go tubless don’t bother, this morning with only 25psi in the 29er Nobby Nick I bought under a month ago and ony used for several rides since fitting one on the front (taking me well over an hour to fit) this morning I spotted the tyre had blown off the rim.
    Tonight I wasted serveal attempts to get it to stay on the rim without sucess.

I’ll be making a phone call tomorrow to send the faulty one and the one I’ve not used back for an alternative replacement.

0/10 from me

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Nobby Nics’ is closed to new replies.