Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Noah to the forum please.
  • allthepies
    Free Member

Any more space on that Ark old fella ?

CHB

depends, we only have one donkey at the moment. Can you fill the vacancy?

CountZero

He’s busy, sorry.

becky_kirk43
    Free Member

Glad I live on the top floor of this house and I don’t have to go anywhere tomorrow!

allthepies
    Free Member

depends, we only have one donkey at the moment. Can you fill the vacancy?

Looks down…

Yup 😛

CHB

cool, mrs noah will be so pleased.

alpin
    Free Member

The story we have all heard from movies, television, newspapers, and most magazines and textbooks is that dinosaurs “ruled the Earth” for 140 million years, died out 65 million years ago, and therefore weren’t around when Noah and company set sail on the Ark around 4,300 years ago.

However, the Bible gives a completely different view of Earth (and therefore, dinosaur) history. As God’s written Word to us, we can trust it to tell the truth about the past.

Although the Bible does not tell us exactly how long ago it was that God made the world and its creatures, we can make a good estimate of the age of the universe by carefully studying the whole counsel of Scripture:

1.God made everything in six days, and rested on the seventh. (By the way, this is the basis for our seven day week—Exodus 20:8–11). Leading Hebrew scholars indicate that, based on the grammatical structure of Genesis 1, these “days” were of normal length, and did not represent long periods of time (see Get Answers: Genesis).

2.We are told God created the first man and woman—Adam and Eve—on Day 6, along with the land animals (which would have included dinosaurs).

3.The Bible records the genealogies from Adam to Christ. From the ages given in these lists (and accepting that Jesus Christ, the Son of God, came to Earth around 2,000 years ago), we can conclude that the universe is only a few thousand years old (perhaps just 6,000), and not millions of years old (see also Did Jesus Say He Created in Six Literal Days?).

Thus, dinosaurs lived within the past few thousand years.
    HTH

singletrackmind

Will no one think of the { poor souls drowning at D2D } children?
    A collegue of mine thought man hunted the dinosors to extinction, this was after asking if they were around when Jesus was.

alpin
    Free Member

why noah didn’t let the dinosaurs onto the ark…

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Has it been raining down south? OK here today and due to be a nice sunny day tomorrow.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Biblical rain here and supposed to be even worse tomorrow for the Brompton World Champs. Wonder if I’ll still be able to fold it with floats attached?

alpin
    Free Member

seems more plausible now…..

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Shame you live in a wet part of the world 🙂

cann68
    Free Member

seems more plausible now…

Yep, as plausible as the tooth fairy.

backhander
    Free Member

MrNutt
    Free Member

that picture is 100% win, as your prize you can sit next to me on the B Ark 🙂

jam-bo

Who said religion and dinosaurs where mutually exclusive….

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Noah to the forum please.’ is closed to new replies.