Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • No wonder the trails get fecked up!
  • glenh
    Free Member

Look at this lot skidding their way around all the corners:

Still, at least one of them gets his due and crashes mid skid at one point.

brant
    Free Member

I nearly got lost on my favourite climb last night. The usual lines I take, destroyed and wiped out. Due to the huge amount of rain we had in the last few days.

Can't wait for the motocrossers to go up and down it a few times to smooth things out.

singlespeedstu

Bet they'd cause more damage if they were on high horses.

glenh
    Free Member

My horse is quite sure footed.

grumm
    Free Member

That's how you're supposed to do it.

RHSno2
    Free Member

They looked like they had a great holiday.

CaptJon
    Free Member

I reckon about one full day of rain = 6 months of mountain bikers

MrAgreeable

I love the way those motocrossers smooth things out. 🙄

(Yes I know that's been done by 4x4s, but it's not unrepresentative of the sort of hammering that byways and bridleways take round these parts)

It's all about context innit. If you go to the Alps to ride DH, you expect there to be braking bumps and blown-out turns. If you go down your local woods and some MXers have made a mess of your nice loamy trails, that's annoying for everyone except the people who had 15 minutes of fun and changed the landscape irreversibly in the process.

singlespeedstu

Mr A.

What about all those enduro riders that gave us so many nice trail in places like the Dyfi Forest and Thetford then?

Or did you think they were made by pixies. 😉

aracer
    Free Member

I reckon about one full day of rain = 6 months of mountain bikers

Though it's actually the combination of the two. If the MTBers go round breaking it up by skidding they make it far easier for the rain to wash it away.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Irrespective of how sure footed your horse is, its foot-fall is still high pressure, resulting in penetration of the ground surface, followed by a lovely flick backwards as the hoof is lifted – perfect digging action every footstep.

MrAgreeable

SSStu,

Like I say, it's about context. I've seen MXers going up over Y Das, and on the main climb at least there is no way could anyone say they were ruining it for other users. On the other hand, I've had to fix foot-deep holes made in my local trails by thick twunts with no appreciation of the distinction between an MTB and a trail bike.

Then there is the state some of the local byways and bridleways are in – basically a series of waist-deep ruts – and as a result people only go down them to ride their bikes and make the erosion worse, or fly tip. 😐

Pigface
    Free Member

Irreversible??? Look at the damage MXers make and show a photo of 4X4 damage. Sort yourself out.

singlespeedstu

Unlike those **** MTBers that nicked all the enduro trails in Thetford. 😉

PJ266
    Free Member

Was about to mention the Dyfi ssstu 😉 Chatel/Les gets Looks like one hell of a place to ride!! and those downhill cart things would be the death of me 😀

Kramer
    Free Member

They all look pretty good to me, especially now that I've been down some of the trails that they're hammering down. That road gap that they all go off one after the other is fairly gnarly.

dasnut
    Free Member

that road gap is mahoosive – dude at stif in leeds dislocated his elbow on that recently, coming up a touch too short….

from the side:

It's strikes me as the OP being a tad jealous, because he can't ride as well as the lads in the video.

Smee
    Free Member

Whaat about all those enduro riders that make most of the "natural" trails in the tweed valley… I think they're great…

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

TBH i cant see any quick way arround those corners without sliding the back wheel round.

Theres some video (Earthed 5?) of either Champery or Schladming and even the pro's go for the lock the back wheel sideways and point the front down the slope technique.

*waves at all the lovely high horses*

Skidding at trail centers = bad

Skidding on those corners = the only way

Kramer
    Free Member

I think that the OP is yanking our chains a bit.

boobs

I've been there 🙂

I wasn't that good 😥

Must go again! Chatel is fab. Made me feel like I knew what I was doing.

I wish the OP (are you old?) would lighten up a bit. They looked like they were having lots of fun, try it it's good.

Kramer
    Free Member

dasnut, your picture gives a better idea…

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘No wonder the trails get fecked up!’ is closed to new replies.