Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • No seals on Planet X Orbit extreme pro headsets +…….
  • kaiser
    Free Member

just bought 2 and checked them on arrival after reading a few posts on here re cheap oem models. Quickly discovered they didn't come with the rubber bearing seals that sit on top of and below the cartridge bearings and also the crown race isn't stainless steel as described but alloy.
    They may be cheap but no seals ??
    wonder if the XL11's have the same problem.

Northwind

FSA crown races are usually alloy, all of mine have been at least and they were all retail boxed. For that matter I don't think either one had any seals other than the ones on the bearings, which are all they need. The loose bearing ones come with seperate seals though. Never met an Extreme Pro, though

kaiser
    Free Member

kaiser
    Free Member

I just find it a bit naughty/misleading that they put it was originally £89.99 . an oem/inferior quality version would never have been the same price as the retail version which includes seals , a stainless race ,and now stainless bearings.

repatriot
    Free Member

What do you expect for £20!
    I bought one too and it works great, especially for the price.

gamo
    Free Member

Send it back and spend £89 on a non oem one!
    I got one and it works perfectly.

kaiser
    Free Member

I got one and it works perfectly

but for how long without decent sealing which is important in a decent headset?

I guess it won't last any longer than a basic cheapy like that (without regular maintenance) …so maybe not quite the bargain everyone seems to think.

call me a whinger or naive if you wish ,,,,I'm just a bit disappointed .

Del

i'd be a bit miffed if part #8 is missing – the lower seal that fits into the lower cup. this should add a layer of protection over the cart seal and help protect from clart/water being sprayed over it off the front wheel.

kaiser
    Free Member

hi Del
    yes part no 8 is missing

zangolin
    Free Member

Refund – unless they send the missing seals and a ss crown race.
    It aint described as having no seals and it should have a ss crown race as stated on the P-X site.
    I have same headset + it does have ss crown race.
    Obviously a mistake by P-X.

kaiser
    Free Member

Zango…did yours come from the recent batch of px/oone's stock?

zangolin
    Free Member

No – sorry should have made that clear – was from CRC last year.

Northwind

That's very cheeky. Couldn't care less about a stainless race, not sure why that's a selling point, and the orbit MX gets on fine without those seals but that's not really the point at the end of the day, it's not what you reasonably expected.

mda

I bought a couple of these a few weeks ago, same supplier. No seals on mine either. I considered sending them back but if the seals are reasonably cheap (and readily available), it may be worth keeping them.

I emailed FSA about this and they replied "….there are not different headset configuration and it is possible that your shop mixed the parts on it…" which implies that they don't do an OEM version of this headset.

WhatafackinLiberty
    Free Member

Maybe you could contact the dealer and request the seals to be sent out…….Or is that just plain, silly common sense 🙄

kaiser
    Free Member

God you're a genius whatfack …never thought of that 🙄
    Already have
    been told that's how they come in the box and they don't have any.
    been offered a refund also which is how it should be . still to decide.

Xylene
    Free Member

contact them they will send you a seal.

Or buy one for 1.50 from another website

coolhandluke
    Free Member

buy 4 of them then.

Think about it. Loads more fettling, loads more shiny things in your box of nice MTB parts, 4 with no seals will far outlast 1 with seals.

BTW, why did you lot pay £20? I only paid £15.99 because I got an extra discount by email. They must like me more that you lot 😀

I bought 2, just to have in stock.

kaiser
    Free Member

contact them they will send you a seal.

Or buy one for 1.50 from another website

1/ already have ..they haven't got any
    2/ bet you can't find one online to buy..if so tell me

some may be turning up though …watch this space . Of course those who don't care as they are so cheap won't want one will you?

Xylene
    Free Member

When I needed one for my Orbit XL 2 it was 2 minutes google away and 1.50 to buy it.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘No seals on Planet X Orbit extreme pro headsets +…….’ is closed to new replies.