Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • No more excuses I am going riding on a horse !!
  • heresjonny
    Free Member

The better half has had a horse for the past 8 years, I've put off riding it for all those years. Its not a bad animal, I feed it carrots, take it for a walk but up too now have refrained from riding it. I JUST DON'T TRUST IT, I have sat on it when its tied up thats fine. But what if it just decideds to do one when I'm on its back.
    Anyway wish me luck a horse and sand school await tomorrow night, fingers crossed no broken bones to report.

TN
    Free Member

Don't do it – horses are evil.
    (Good luck, hope you enjoy it.)

Karinofnine

One of my friends had a horse, if you rode it and it knew you were slightly nervous, it used to bolt for its stable and try to knock you off its back in the doorway.

Another one, if it thought you were nervous, used to lie down and roll over.

Not trying to worry you or anything…

iDave
    Free Member

^^^^^ +100

they sense fear and subsequently amplify it by their actions

trailmonkey

Over 8 years the beast has been quietly marking your card and just waiting for its chance.

You are doomed.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Yeah, I got dragged round a paddock on my arse, whilst my foot was caught in the stirup. However, despite those initial setbacks, I did eventually get to shag the lovely young lady who owned the horse and paddock, which was the only reason why I unfortunately ended up in such a predicament, in the first place. Sex in the stables with a young lovely in jodpurs was about as good as it got (in my sad life anyway).

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

My other half keeps trying to get me on her walking tin of cat food."But you would be good,you've got brilliant balance from biking.""yes but i like to be in control of the things I ride.IE my bike and you :lol:"

MrNutt
    Free Member

giant organically fueled vibrators, only exist to keep girls away from boys until they know how to say no.

oh and they give you a fat arse!

apparently 😀

eth3er
    Free Member

…and what's wrong with your dandyhorse?

aracer
    Free Member

Well I really enjoyed the horseriding I did – was keen on the idea of learning to jump, but never really had enough time. The thing is, you are in control if you're good enough – it just takes a lot more skill to be in control than riding a bike does.

busydog
    Free Member

+1 karinoffnine
    Horses know in the first 10 seconds in the saddle whether you know what you are doing—and if not, immediately set to taking full advantage. Been through that knocked off by an upper swinging barn door when I was 8, trying to sneak a ride on my Dad's quarter-horse–of course I didn't have the saddle cinched proper either, so if I hadn't been knocked of, I would probably have found myself dropped on my head under the hooves of said steed.

fubar
    Free Member

horses = evil
    run away (but not when in the same field or else they will chase you and kick you to death)

spooky_b329

Good luck, they aren't all evil.

I spend plenty of time with ours, just not got much interest in riding it. Been out a few times but to be honest, [whisper]I get a bit bored![/whisper].

Ours can be quite a handful with an experienced rider but as soon as a novice gets on she turns into a donkey.

run away (but not when in the same field or else they will chase you and kick you to death) Thats a bit like running from a dog…they won't chase you but they will run alongside in excitement 🙂

tree-magnet
    Free Member

I don't think horses are evil.

They are, however, stupid and nervous for the most part, which is something I don't trust in an animal that can weigh 1500lbs.

spooky_b329
    cranberry
    Free Member

Think of the sage advice above when you go to squeeze the brake lever and suddenly find that you are stuck on top of half a ton of skittish dog food.

emma82
    Free Member

Horses are ace, no better feeling at all than riding and being in control of something that large and like you say, able to sense how you are feeling. Just think of getting on as being like nailing a super big drop or hitting something a bit quick an realising u only just got away with it. It's the same adrenaline. Give it a go, you might enjoy it. Just remember whose boss when you're up there. (that would be you by the way). 🙂

gusamc
    Free Member

when getting on put elbow on horses head side out at 90' – if they turn around to bite they get an elbow in the head
    remember that in an RTA you cannot be blamed – so get out there and cause havoc
    – best piece of advice (from a riding school to me) – it's like shagging, at lot better if you work together, shag the saddle

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

My wife is a very good horse rider – done three days eventing, polo, etc and I used to either run or MTB ride with her when she was riding (before our little one came along). The horse gets really excited following you and it's great fun.

Also looked after them as part of a farm labouring job – a real fan of horses despite being a cr4p rider.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘No more excuses I am going riding on a horse !!’ is closed to new replies.