Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • NLP – recommend be a good book/dvd/course
  • organic355
    Free Member

Neuro Linguistic programming.

Anyone “use” it, and is it effective?

Been doing a bit of research around its use in Martial arts/self defence, but interested in it generally also.

matt_outandabout

Where are you? Go on a course, it would be much deeper and more effective learning. I like it and find it useful to help understand people and thinking. However, like so much psychology, if you believe it to much, you become a bit freaky…
    If you have the money and are in Scotland, then any course by Jim McNeish from Cantle is amazing, and his work is firmly rooted in practical experience. http://www.cantle.net

Cougar

I’d recommend reading this before paying money for courses.

bikebouy
    Free Member

It has its uses, go to the NLP website and look for a practitioner in your area.

Books, loads of them around. Good ones, many say the same type of things,use the same language and methods so you’ll find something that suits your tastes. Listen out for snippets on YTube as there is a resource there, DVD and CDs are common use age but the Webs the best source.

Not all NLP practitioners are the same, steer clever of those that “promise” anything, all you need are the tools and build your own methods around that information.

It is a bit 90’s this stuff, I did it in the business world when it was fashionable, now most of the methods have been adopted and absorbed within my world and funnily called some other weird acronym to make it sound sexy.
    All in all I’d say of my age group at least 60% of business folk/colleagues know or have read/used/been on courses.

It is of course not restricted to business, many sports companies use it for athletes and it works very successfully.

All I’m going to reiterate is don’t go for the “I can improve your life in 3 easy steps” bullshit that’s out there.

😉

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘NLP – recommend be a good book/dvd/course’ is closed to new replies.