Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Nissan x trail advice
  • fd3chris
    Free Member

Hi guys I’m thinking about spending around 1200 on one of these . It will be my first 4×4 and I wa wondering what they are like and if they are any good for getting bikes in the back with the seats folded? Thanks

reedspeed
    Free Member

£1200 ?,is that a deposit on a new one ??.they’re a great car ,as is the new Quasqai ,you won’t be dissapointed !

MoreCashThanDash

Been a few threads over the years, owners seem happy, not sure what age £1200 buys you?

fd3chris
    Free Member

I’ve been looking around that price and it will get you a 2 litre petrol about 2001 2002. I just want it as a bike carrier and not my everyday car it won’t replace my c class at that price lol

slackalice
    Free Member

With that kinda attitude, go out and buy one and find out for yourself.

EDIT: lol 🙄

Bregante

If you just want a bike carrier wouldn’t you be better off spending £1200 on a Berlingo van or similar?

fd3chris
    Free Member

I have thought about a van but I’ve heard insurance can be a bit more expensive and I was hoping to get a bit of a more comfortable ride for longer trips to cannock etc. And @ slackalice reel your neck in its obvious I’m not getting a top of the range x trail so I’m not being facicious I’m simply not in a position to try out a new ,to me, type of vehicle for a huge amount of money and then find I’m buying a poor model. Hence advice required if possible from people who probably have much nicer versions .

beermonst3r44
    Free Member

My kangoo costs 300 fully comp . Superb van and 50mpg

ScottChegg
    Free Member

My kangoo costs 300 fully comp

My BMW costs £120 fully comp, protected, with business cover. Are you sure you aren’t being shafted?

cruzcampo
    Free Member

Xtrails are great, huge boot, fold down the two rear seats and full bike will go in with a bit of manoeuvring, i tend to remove one wheel which is then just a chuck in job. 4wd is excellent in the snow/ice, really handles itself well. Great driving position, comfy heated leather seats for those cold mornings, electric adjust seats, 6cd changer, more coffee holders, stowaway areas and cubby holes then you’d ever desire, lovely torquey 2.2 diesel engine, would usually fit 48 litres in a tank and get 370-400 miles depending where I took it.

This was my old £3k 2003 T-spec model, SVE is also a good model loaded with gubbins.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

T30 or T31?

I’ve got a T31 and it’s pretty big inside with the seats down. Even bigger if you take the slide tray out. New exys dont seem to be as big, I think the pathfinder is comparable in size. The new ones just dont compare.

Very happy with mine. Been softroading, corrugated roads, pea gravel and sand i Oz. Couldn’t afford a proper 4by but for what I need it does the job.

T1000
    Free Member

No experience of the petrol engine, however did 190k in a diesel and apart from discs and pads only needed a set of anti roll bar bushes

fd3chris
    Free Member

Thanks guys it all does sound appealing even if I’m kind of scraping in at the lower end of desirability. I’m definitely going to have a look at a few. At my price they will be poverty spec petrol but worth a look.

kerbdog
    Free Member

Ive the 2005 2.5 petrol sve model. Great room inside and being a small git i can sleep stretched out in the back with the seats folded. They handle well in the snow and ice and my one has been generally reliable only notable issues being a replacement rear cailiper and a crank arm sensor. did 120 miles in it yesterday and was more than comfortable.

fd3chris
    Free Member

Out of interest kerbdog what kind of mpg are you getting from the bigger engine ?

aphex_2k
    Free Member

I get around 9 from the 2.5cvt around 11 round the city

cruzcampo
    Free Member

9 mpg? 😯

2.2 diesel gets around 34-39, the latter on a motorway run.

Alex

Had a 2005 dcti 2.2 bought in 2008. Lunched the inter-cooler 2 weeks later but after that was fantastic. Went from 21000 to 70000 in three years with just servicing, brake discs and pads and tyres. Quite heavy so was quire heavy on pads and tyres and tyres odd size so expensive. Bike went in whole. I slept in the back at races a few times. Brilliant I’m snow and mud and comfortable on any length journeys. About 36mpg if I remember rightly. Not the most refined but solid, reliable bike carrier. Sad to see it go.

Watch out for ones that have towed a lot.

fd3chris
    Free Member

Thanks mate

wombat

9 mpg?

I suspect that may be Litres per 100 km

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Nissan x trail advice’ is closed to new replies.