Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Nissan Note 1.2.
  • zippykona

Anyone own or driven the normally aspirated one?
    Normally I’d think the engine is too small but we hired a Micra on holiday with this engine and it felt quicker than our 1,8 mondeo.

mdavids
    Free Member

Are you sure the micra didn’t have the 1.2 supercharged version?

The non-S/C is ‘reasonable’ for a 3 cylinder 1.2 I suppose. Needs the goolies revved off it to get anywhere and doesn’t like hills. Quite a harsh thing.

zippykona

I did peek under the bonnet and couldn’t see any extra gubbins. Would the charger be noticeable?

rOcKeTdOg

I’ve got a 1.4 and it struggles with 4 fat adults & luggage, 1.2 would be gutless

mdavids
    Free Member

I did peek under the bonnet and couldn’t see any extra gubbins. Would the charger be noticeable?

Not unless you knew exactly what you were looking for.

1.4 is in the old Note, the new Note (which I’m guessing is the one you’re looking at) has either 1.2, 1.2S/C or 1.5 DCI. Not saying it’s not gutless but it’s a newer engine than the 1.4 and as I said earlier, isn’t bad for 3 cylinder 1.2.

If it were my money, I’d be getting the 1.5 DCI. There’s a bit of torque there and 60 mpg is easily achievable. I managed 80mpg on my commute to work although half of that is stuck at 40 mph through average speed cameras.

There are shed-loads for sale at 1 year old that are ex-employee lease scheme cars. Still have 2 year manufacturer warranty and are very well equipped for what is essentially a cheapo hatchback.

matt_outandabout

Read honest johns roundup of them – some common problem with rusting suspension/sub frames or other that put me off one, as we expect to keep a car 10 years, on heavily salted Scottish roads…

rOcKeTdOg

you can get 2 bikes and 3 adults in one, or 2 fat bikes and 2 adults inc beards

Denis99
    Free Member

I bought one new about five years ago.

It’s the 1.4 petrol engine version.

Sub frame has rusted and been replaced , common problem.

My daughter now owns it, hasn’t given much problem, likes front tyres every 10,000 miles or so.

Feels a little budget class now, a bit gutless once out of town on the motorway though.

Wouldn’t buy another though, there must be better alternatives these days.

zippykona

I’m turbo phobic as I reckon it’s just another really expensive bit to go wrong. Am I being over dramatic?
    It’s life would consist of my wife driving it 3 miles to work every day and me thrashing it 70 miles to the coast every 3 weeks. Would a diesel handle such a short commute?

matt_outandabout

No.

EDIT: it would, it just wouldn’t be efficient as you think and eat through parts.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Inlaws have the petrol 1.2 on a 14 plate

Its a nice enough car goes well enough on the few drives ive had.

Its definantly a car for nipping about town ( home to work and back) with the occasional longer drive with the family in – up the glens/dundee/aberdeen though – which is what they use it for

Baring in mind most folk are over carred carting around barges all their days for the 1 trip they make to the south coast each year where they need to take the kitchen sink.

andy4d

Wife has a 2007 1.4, great wee car, no issues a car of that age,milage shouldnt have (replaced discs clutch etc), just passed its mot a few weeks back with no issues.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Nissan Note 1.2.’ is closed to new replies.