Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Nissan Navara as do it all farm/bike/family vehicle?
  • FFJA
    Free Member

Well, following the arrival of FFJA jnr, the somewhat less than trusty Peugeot Expert is now redundant due to not being able to put the car seat in it!
    Am considering an 04 Navara as a replacement, needs to carry hay and sheepdogs, occasionally bikes and me the mrs and tiny humanoid.. Anyone got one and love/hate it?

iolo
    Free Member

I had a 54 aventura navarra.
    Expensive but nice inside.
    I had all manor of electrical faults. Eg key in ignition, I get out truck locks itself. All fixed under warranty. Serviced as per schedule which was eye wateringly expensive with main dealer.
    Driving along the engine decides to seize.
    This was 1000 miles over warranty. Nissan had no interest in repairing on warranrty. I ask them to just fix it so I could get back on the road. They had no engines as there were so many navarras dying.
    Avoid like the plague unless its dirt cheap or you get a warranty

FFJA
    Free Member

Hmmm interesting.. From what I’ve read, nissan ended up extending the warranties to cover seized engines as it became such a common fault. I’m hoping if this ones got to 110,000 it might be ok, ie would have gone by now if it was going to? Maybe!? Ha!

sandwicheater

I insure farms and would appear to be the go to vehicle for more than 50% of my clients. They all seem to rate them highly (Halifax area).

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

Mitsubishi L200?

As you can probably guess by my user name I’m a big fan of mitzys (I’m on my 3rd Shogun)

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Halfshafts is all I’ll say.

andyl
    Free Member

As much as i wanted like the Navara (and the Pathfinder as that was what I was looking at) I would steer clear. Rise is not the best for it’s class and the engines sadly fill me with dread, not the way a Nissan should be.

If you were buying new I would say get straight down to your local Isuzu dealer as the D-Maxx starts at £19k+vat with a 5 year warranty and it is a much better car and has just been uprated to 3.5t tow weight. Sorry for soundling a like a salesman.

But for that age I would look at L200 & Isuzu, maybe toyota (although not really impressed with the Hi Lux either).

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Nissan Navara as do it all farm/bike/family vehicle?’ is closed to new replies.