Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Night sweats – panic mode
  • unfitgeezer
    Free Member

I’m in a panic and to be fair this is the result of lots of prescribed medication, (cocodimol, diazepam & Naproxen) for my slipped disc which is on the mend. I have spoken to my GP today on the phone and he wasn’t that helpful at putting my mind at rest.

I stopped taking Cocodimol on Tuesday this week along with the Diazepam as the pain has really eased off and haven’t felt the need to take, today I decided to stop with the Naproxen as all has eased off (doc agreed this was good idea) since monday or Tuesday cant remember I have woken up drenched in sweat and have put it down to medication healing process etc, today I decided to call my GP who said that stopping all the other medication wouldn’t cause this, I asked if the naproxen would cause sweats at night – no was his reply.

he said if like that next week come in and have some tests etc he mentioned it can be signs of early cancer etc this has royally fked my thought process up but he doubted it would be anything like that.

If I put a rational head on then slipped disc plus medication, and stopping and healing process etc then it all seems rational to me as body is trying to fix its self with lots of medication inside and normal body fixing mechanisms…

I’m ranting now I don’t feel better for writing this but hey ho…

Thanks

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

Rather than read and run, is there any chance you have some kind of other sickness? An infection or coming down with something else.

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

It was good of your doctor to tell you that you might have cancer and then say it wasn’t that likely FFS.

andybrad

following this with interest. Ive been having night sweats for a while coupled with my arm / leg going dead!

docs dont seem to be bothered

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

following this with interest. Ive been having night sweats for a while coupled with my arm / leg going dead!

docs dont seem to be bothered

Same here, I’ve put it down to years of alcohol abuse and a fondness for banned substances in my 20’s. If I eat late in the day sweat pours out of me while i’m asleep.

egb81
    Free Member

I get fairly frequent night sweats, often after ridiculously vivid dreams/nightmares. My GP was dismissive to the point of being almost rude when I queried whether it was healthy to be waking up drenched in sweat and in a blind panic.

There is an NHS page for it though http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/night-sweats/Pages/Introduction.aspx

I occasionally get them if I’ve been for a ride that evening.

Also get them when I stop drinking

Also get them when sweating out non-prescription, err, stuff

I’d only be concerned if they carry on long term – I’m guessing anxiety linked to a change in strong medication, but then I’m not a Dr

ebennett

Went through a period of getting night sweats a few years back, was also concerned about cancer or something nasty. Had a load of tests which found nothing and they resolved spontaneously and haven’t had a recurrence since. Bodies can be weird things!

Given the amount of drugs you’re on I’d be surprised if they weren’t involved somehow.

iolo
    Free Member

Cocodemol can be very addictive. How long were you taking it and did you stop suddenly? You might be cold turkey.

Kryton57

Have you changed to the Summer Duvet yet?

martinhutch

You’re probably entering the menopause. 🙂
    Seriously though, I’ve had the kind of cancer associated with night sweats and it is very unlikely to be that. You would probably have noticed all the other symptoms first..

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

iolo – Member
    Cocodemol can be very addictive. How long were you taking it and did you stop suddenly? You might be cold turkey.

Not long 8x 30mg a day for 10 days so not long or huge dosage …

martinhutch – Member
    You’re probably entering the menopause.
    Seriously though, I’ve had the kind of cancer associated with night sweats and it is very unlikely to be that. You would probably have noticed all the other symptoms first..

I hope you are better now 🙂

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

this was is prescribed stuff

Codeine Phosphate Tablets 30mg

500mg naproxen

2mg diazapam

feeling better reading some of the replies…

martinhutch

Yeh, it was 25 years ago.
    If it carries on for a couple of weeks, go get some bloods taken. Whatever your gp says, some kind of drug related thing would be top of my list.
    BTw sweats are listed as one of the possible symptoms of codeine withdrawal iirc. How long have you been on them?

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

How long have you been on them?

not long 10 or 11 days

8x daily Codeine Phosphate Tablets 30mg

mattyfez

Well it is an opiate so could well be mild withdrwal symtoms, whilst not a high dose you’ve been consistently taking it for a number of days?

http://www.drugs.com/forum/need-talk/please-help-codeine-addiction-withdrawal-need-advice-support-55902.html

jimwah
    Free Member

Yeah a nice little drip feed of codeine and diazepam each day will leave you feeling a bit twitchy this week, ignore doctor and just try to relax, practise some light stretching and breathing techniques in the evening and stay hydrated.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Night sweats – panic mode’ is closed to new replies.