Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Night ride tonight Surrey Hills/Guildford/Swinley
  • sugdenr
    Free Member

Anyone out tonight Surrey Hills/Ranmore/Guildford/Swinley? Billy 🙁

jambalaya
    Free Member

I’m not but see this post linky

ybot
    Free Member

The thing with that linky is that its true, the Dorking Cocks will be riding tonight, that is 100% gauranteed no matter what the weather !

But, it’ll be a short ride involving 3 pubs and a pre arranged Christmas meal. Westoctt – Friday Street – Abinger Common – Sutton Abinger – Westcott

jambalaya
    Free Member

It was sunny earlier, looks grey and ‘orrible right now with the wind blowing low clouds !

ybot
    Free Member

I fully expect to get very very wet both inside and out 🙂

jambalaya
    Free Member

@ybot – excellent ! I must join you one day, bumped into @mattg at the shop once as I was collecting my bike and he was turing up for a ride. It’s an MTB sort of thing when you recognise someone by the bike they are riding.

mattjg
    Free Member

It’s an MTB sort of thing when you recognise someone by the bike they are riding.

It changes frequently, I like to keep ’em guessing.

that is 100% gauranteed no matter what the weather !

amen ride buddy!

mattjg
    Free Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2651095

monsoon arrives 3pm and stays to midnight

Billy maybe Swinley tonight for you!

ybot
    Free Member

We’ll, its 6.30 at Nirvana every Wednesday if you fancy coming along. The rides can very – sometimes full on fast 25 miles or so, other times maybe only 10 miles, sedate and in the pub early.

Sometimes there will be 3 or 4 of us, most often they’ll be more like 8 or 10 and occasionally something like 16 and that normally leads to a split into 2 groups.

They do always include a pub stop generally from 9 to 10 with a return to Westcott by about 10.30

jambalaya
    Free Member

monsoon arrives 3pm and stays to midnight

The “mark 1 eyeball” forecast would support with this. Looking South West from house at top of hill in Guildford and it’s lines of dark grey clouds being blown in all heading for Dorking 🙂

mattjg
    Free Member

no one in their right mind would go riding tonight

sugdenr
    Free Member

Thanks chaps, I have my full wet kit with me today, so it does look like another wet visit to my local. I make no comment about my state of mind.

mattjg
    Free Member

no rain as yet, & looks like the BBC have backed off a bit on the forecast

Rockape63
    Free Member

yep still dry……just like I’m going to be all evening! The trails round here are already mudsville, so the thought of going out tonight is not a nice one.

The worst bit is stopping for a couple of beers and then starting again. I’m probably just getting old!

mattjg
    Free Member

just getting packed, should I bring hydration?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Night ride tonight Surrey Hills/Guildford/Swinley’ is closed to new replies.