Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Night ride through Amersham last night…
  • ddmonkey

… saw a group of MTB'ers out last night in Amersham about 9pm, wondering if this is a regular ride, does anyone on here know of it or organise it?

Thanks!

majk

I'd be interested in knowing too – I've been looking to join a group for night rides round Amersham / Chesham area.

Somebody suggested the local club (Summit MTB); I emailed them but haven't had an answer, and been to busy to follow it up – guess I'm not really looking to join a club anyway, just find some folks to ride with.

andylaightscat
    Free Member

berkhamsted too far away?

there's a:
    thurday night ride,
    wednesday night ride(differant people)
    monday night ride(some of the thursday people)

majk

Great, Berkhamsted would be fine – I'd need to take the car to work anyway if I was riding (I live in west London).

Thursday nights are perfect for me – Wednesdays would be OK some weeks as well.

ddmonkey

Might be an option for me too, thanks. Where does the the ride start from in Berkhampsted?

ddmonkey

Shameless bump 😀

br
    Free Member

include me too guys, I'm only Aylesbury

mrbotticelli

andylaightscat

I'm interested in the Monday and Thursday night rides around Berkhamsted.

What kind of time do they head out, for what kind of time/distance, level of riding?

Often venture out around Ashridge for a couple of hours on a Sunday morning…although it's a mudfest at the moment.

Cheers

curtisthecat
    Free Member

I am also up for a night ride in the Berkhamstead area. Any night would be good for me. 😀

monsta
    Free Member

ooooh, I'm in Tring so this could work. What time do you ride?

curtisthecat
    Free Member

Almost seems to be enough numbers to perhaps do our own ride?

monsta
    Free Member

Are these rides the same as:

http://www.mtbberkhamsted.co.uk/index.htm

If not, will look out for a role-call…

kendoll
    Free Member

I do one of the Berko Wednesday night rides we start at 7.30 from the service road just before the first mini roundabout if you are coming from Hemel.
    The vet is at one end of the service road and a curry house at the other.

We ride for about 2 hours then adjourn to the Rising Sun by the canal for refreshments.
    Theres usually about 6 to 10 of us out we ride at a reasonable pace but nobody gets left behind.

kendoll
    Free Member

Further to the last post we meet here

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?x=499839&y=207564&z=0&sv=hp4+2na&st=2&pc=hp4+2na&mapp=map.srf&searchp=ids.srf

We are not Mtbberkhamsted, but see them later in the Riser.

We also do a ride on Saturdays that start at 1.30 from the bus stop on Potten End Village green

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?x=501768&y=208860&z=0&sv=hp4+2qh&st=2&pc=hp4+2qh&mapp=map.srf&searchp=ids.srf

ddmonkey

Hi all – I was hoping for something I wouldn't have to use the car to get to but Berkhampsted on a Thursday night could work…

majk

Thursdays are better for me too – Andylaightscat, is your group riding this week?

Otherwise I'd happily meet up with anybody who's up for a ride, Berkhamsted or elsewhere ( e.g. Chesham / Amersham / Tring).

majk

Pre-Thursday bump.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Night ride through Amersham last night…’ is closed to new replies.