Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • night owls
  • iDave
    Free Member

anyone else work best really late at night? I’ve been having epic procrastinationary tendencies recently – struggling to think clearly and not working very well – finally cured by doing **** all during the day then starting work at 10pm and plodding away until the wee small hours. with a glass of port and some nice wee tunes.

rossi46
    Free Member

Crate of this stuff used to work for me.

Had to give it up- made my ticker go mental!!!

donsimon
    Free Member

After years of getting up at 05:30 I’m now finding it easier to work into the evening. The negative is that I didn’t start sending emails out today until 17:30, just as everyone’s going home. Not good when I need to speak to people. 🙄

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

work best

iDave
    Free Member

*failing to be distracted by laughing girls, now where’s that report*

molgrips
    Free Member

Me. I am exactly the same Dave. I’ve been known to do 3 hour training rides at 10.30pm too

samuri
    Free Member

Yep, I do all my finest work either really early in the morning or really late at night.

The hardest time is the middle bit when everyone else is awake as well.

druidh
    Free Member

Another night bird here. When I was working (at home) I’d get most of the best stuff done between 10pm and 2am. Conversely, I’m a pain to get started in the mornings – regardless of how much sleep I’ve had the night before. Typically, I reckon to get 5 hrs sleep per night, but it’s often been less.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I had a policy at uni that I didn’t work past 5:30pm.

althepal

Used to be like that but the arrival of a little un seemed to morph me into someone who can sleep anytime, anywhere..
    Except when I’m on nights when it gets complicated. I’m fine at work but find it hard to sleep well during the day- usually until day 4 anyway..

Cougar

I’m useless when I roll out of bed and progressively improve throughout the day. I’m at my best when everyone else is going to bed. I find it hard to go to sleep, and hard to wake up; always have.

I’ve figured for years now that I run to a day that’s longer than 24 hours. Remove outside influences and I’ll be 12 hours out of sync with society in a week or so; give me a fortnight and I’ll have lost a day.

corroded
    Free Member

I’m a former night owl. Used to start work at 11pm, break at 3am, be done by 5am. These days I’m in bed by 11pm. I do need to be psyched up though and find a change of scene – working in a cafe / pub / library has the desired effect.

stevomcd
    Free Member

Defo. The nature of my job during the season means hours are fixed, but out of season when I’m doing website, marketing, accounts, etc. I work best after 10pm!

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

My girlfriend is a night owl and will stay up all night doing university work. I am not a night owl but a very much a morning person. Night are for thieves and prostitutes.

iDave
    Free Member

All going swimmingly so far. Another glass of port please Jeeves.

TheFlyingOx

Yup.

I do a 05:30-17:30 shift, yet still do my best learning for the impending MSc between 20:00-00:00

No idea why. It’s the same even if I’m not at work. Those 4 hours are my most productive.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Still going here. 7 am start though which is not so good.

Nights are for thieves and prostitutes.

You’d best hope your girlfriend doesn’t read this.

iDave
    Free Member

My work here is done.

rossi46
    Free Member

Here i am at 9am, having been up since 5am (bloody kids!)- so far im on my 3rd coffee. Im still not really awake.
    My work is weird, start at 3pm home for 11.30pm.
    I’ll be fine by then!

9-5? No chance, not if they want me to be 75% or better…

rocketman
    Free Member

Not a night bird by any means. Can easily sleep from 10pm to 10am if not disturbed. Optimum times for me are midday and late afternoon/early evening.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Jetlag has a similar effect. I recently spoke at a conference when absolutely banjaxed on jetlag. Apparently I was very good, but I can hardly remember any of it! 😕

Coyote
    Free Member

Good early in the morning, good late at night.

Really do struggle in the afternoons though.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘night owls’ is closed to new replies.