Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Night in the Peak, bike friendly hotel?
  • flaps
    Free Member

I recently rode from home to Langsett Res and back, 40 miles round trip, and noticed when I got up top of the res things got more interesting and I wanted to go further but as I was 20 miles from home my head told me to turn back. It got me thinking though and looking back at Google Earth for more things to explore by carrying on, but realistically the option would either be getting the train to somewhere like Hope and riding back or (more favourably) riding there, staying over, having a few local beers and riding back the next day.

Has anyone got any recommendations for nice(ish) places to stay for a night with safe bike storage and good local ales?

I’ve been to the Peak once before but I was a relative newbie back then and I’d like to go again but under my own steam and explore it further.

slowol

Could try this:
    http://www.yha.org.uk/hostel/hathersage

Not luxury but most have a hostels have a bike shed (ring to check). Plenty of food options in town too. Advantage that the wardens are usually good for helping work out good routes to and from by bike, foot, public tranport. If you’re too knackered for return leg you can always get the train home from Hathersage too. All bases covered.

Tracey

Have a look at the Ladybower Inn. Very bike friendly.

cuyahoga
    Free Member

If you go with your original plan of staying overnight in Hope, the YHA in Castleton is a mile down the road with bike storage and the nice folks at Cafe Adventure in Hope open for breakfast from 9 if you wanted an alternative.

Cost me just 29 quid for a 2 bed room last Friday night…

littlerob

Last year the boy and I stayed at The Castle in Castleton. We were able to lock the the bikes in a storage shed thing. Had a nice dinner, and dried our clothes on the radiators (It was summer after all!).

We paid £75 for a family room.

flaps
    Free Member

Thanks for all the replies, i’m going to look into the places suggested 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Night in the Peak, bike friendly hotel?’ is closed to new replies.