Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Nigel Slater's Toast
  • rOcKeTdOg

what a great film, really enjoyed it, top work by all concerned

megastream
    Free Member

thought the same after flicking through and seeing nothing else on, brilliant acting and nice to know good came from what looked like a very tough upbringing.

clubber
    Free Member

+ 1 lemon meringue pie 😉

rOcKeTdOg

yup, i’d have married the cleaner too, just for the cooking

bigbloke
    Free Member

fantastic film i thought,brought a tear to my eye the scene with his mum and mince pies.

LycraLout
    Free Member

read some of the boom a while back – on holiday, left book behind when I left. If you liked the film, you should get the book. A bit more obsessive on the food front but well worth the read IMHO

rOcKeTdOg

HBC is a “i really shouldn’t, but i would” type of person isn’t she

aP
    Free Member

He was at my junior school and lived round the corner… I’m surprised that HBC was the only one with an accent.

ourmaninthenorth

funny, I thought, while well cted, wasn’t that interesting a story. Oh, and the cleaner was right: he was a stuck up brat.

bigbloke
    Free Member

Boil in the bag pub food was the real star 😉

trailmonkey

Liked to have seen the film because it looked really good and I even liked HBC done up as a monkey 😯 but then I guess I would. Hopefully it will be on replay on BT Vision.

Can’t stand Nigel Slater though, I think his food is pretentious nonsense for the most part.

couldgetacarforthat
    Free Member

I sympathised with HBC character (not sure whether she was typecast as a villain).

Wonder if Slater has relented on his views of her?

markrh
    Free Member

Said to the s.o. a while ago that he seems to be turning into Alan Bennett, it all makes sense now. 😉

MrOvershoot

rOcKeTdOg – Member

HBC is a “i really shouldn’t, but i would” type of person isn’t she
    Oh yes

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Nigel Slater's Toast’ is closed to new replies.