Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 82 total)
  • Nigel Farage, what do you think of him?
  • ross980
    Free Member

I would

I think the way he , the millionaire ex broker who left Thatchers tory party as it was not right wing enough , manages to present himself as a man of the people is a master-stroke of marketing.//its either that or the general population are idiots.

He is a single issue right wing loon who values smoking anywhere above nonsense like Global warming.
    He is a self important little englander who should not be allowed to pontificate on a parish council never mind let anywhere near actual power.

This.

spursn17
    Free Member

I’ve got one vote to ‘spend’ in the next election and I can’t decide whether to cast it for New Labour Labour, New Labour Conservitives, or New Labour Liberals?

This is why Farage is gaining ground, you couldn’t get a fag paper between the three main parties and their career politicians. People are looking for an alternative that actually speaks for them, not at them.

God help us!

cfinnimore
    Free Member

He is a Fud.

closetroadie
    Free Member

He’s tapped into the island mentality. On the face of it, it all sounds like a good thing: putting the bureaucracy of Europe on a warning. Its just when you actually look at them it starts to look unworkable.
    Some of the people he’s got as a party officials have shown themselves to be quite uninformed.

mogrim

On the face of it, it all sounds like a good thing: putting the bureaucracy of Europe on a warning.

Until you realise most of this “bureaucracy of Europe” stuff is a lie spread by the Mail and the Telegraph. Then even that little bit of supposed sense disappears, and you realise just how much of a racist **** Farage is.

darrell
    Free Member

compared to Blair or Cameron he seems like someone I could have a beer with and get on with.

Dont like his politics mind but my 70 yr old Mum does and so do most of her friends

slowoldman

Confucious he say “Politician with one policy like dog with one leg”.

imnotverygood

He’s the face of the Tory party about 50 years ago.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

My Dad would’ve loved him.

jambourgie
    Free Member

brooess
    Free Member

He’s very bright – he’s tapped into the nastier side of the British/English national character but he’s done it in a way which comes across as reasonable rather than the reality of his beliefs which is pure xenophobia.

But fundamentally he’s just a populist chancer taking advantage of our current difficulties to get popular even though he’s no serious intention to run the country – he’ll fade away when people realise he’s all mouth and no trouser. I think he’s just infantile – enjoying getting a reaction from the liberal and tolerant faction.

The only reason to worry about him IMO is he’ll tear the Tory vote apart which means we’re more likely to get another hung Parliament and coalition rather than a strong government next term.

Steelfreak
    Free Member

A likeable turd…

Steelfreak
    Free Member

Oh, and Brooess, the last thing this country needs is another ‘strong’ government.

pop-larkin
    Free Member

He was a guest speaker at a dinner I attended and he speaks pretty well and whilst I wouldn’t want him to move any further to gaining power I think his party raises some good challenges to our relationship to the European gravy train which should/ need to be addressed by the ‘proper’ parties – for the record he certainly wasn’t banging on about immigration etc it was more about what we put into the EU compared with what we got out- although it was aimed at a target market of businessmen so he obviously saw this as something that would resonate

He also was selling ukip tea towels which I thought was ‘different’

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

He’s the face of the Tory party about 50 years ago.

😕 50 years ago the Tory Party was a social-democratic party which, built affordable council houses on a massive scale, believed in a mixed economy in which all the utilities, and other sectors such as public transport, were in public hands, had an indisputable commitment to a universal welfare state, and actively recruited foreign labour to work in the UK.

Indeed by today’s standard as they would be dismissed as ‘left-wing extremists’ by everyone from the Daily Mail to Tony Blair.

In contrast UKIP stand in complete position to all those values and believe that, despite this present government being more right-wing than even Thatcher, it still isn’t right-wing enough and this justifies them forming a separate party.

How can anyone misread those glaring facts so easily ?

Perhaps this lack of understanding helps to explain why politics in Britain is in such dire straights and there appears to be not a glimmer of light at the end of the very long dark tunnel that we are very clearly in 🙁

slackalice
    Free Member

Agree with Ernie there. History of politics an all that.

tiggs121
    Free Member

I don’t like him…or his views and aims.

enfht
    Free Member

Farage is Marxist scum.

Correction. He’s not a Marxist, that was Millepede’s dad.

So, it could be worse, Farage could me Marxist scum.

I missed you Ernie, welcome back 😆

footflaps

With three parties converging on the right, he’s hitting the further right.

+1

Sadly he’s making the Tories even more extreme by appealing to all the closet racists / ‘string em ups’ in the Tory ranks…

billyboulders
    Free Member

ChubbyBlokeInLycra
    Free Member

A grandstanding pillock of the first order.

He’s actually TJ?

londonerinoz
    Free Member

I disparage Farage.

I’d imagine that’s not new but I haven’t seen much coverage from Australia, and surely it can’t go unsaid on this thread.

Also, is that the UKIP logo with a £ sign? It looks straight off a Pound shop.

gogg
    Free Member

I would post my real opinion, but don’t want to get banned.

RichPenny
    Free Member

Half of me wishes that he’d died in the plane crash.

The reasonable half…..

oldboy
    Free Member

If I were forced to chose between Farage and that odd looking guy with the Lithuanian Marxist dad, I wouldn’t even have to think about it!

Fortunately, I won’t have to make that decision 🙂

konabunny
    Free Member

I, for one, salute his plain speaking, right thinking, and pint drinking. I salute his true grit it sticking up two fingers to Brussels and giving Strasbourg what for. I admire his pluck, spunk and drive. He stands up for hard working British people and UK Plc together. He’s for cutting red tape and traditional British values. Farage is a man who will get the job done and make sure it’s fit for purpose. He wants hand ups, not hand outs. He wants people to get their fair share when they need it, not entitlements. I salute his indefagitability.

crikey
    Free Member

He is a politician and has spotted the only gap left in the market; that of plain speaking John Bull, the Englishman’s Englishman.

He is, of course, a complete and utter self serving shite.

oldboy
    Free Member

He is, of course, a complete and utter self serving shite

Which makes him different to which political party leader?

crikey
    Free Member

Which makes him different to which political party leader?

It makes him exactly the same as every other party leader, but with the need to continue to be the Englishman’s Englishman, with all that implies for the future direction of the country.

Basically, it’s ‘I don’t like darkies’ in a Barbour jacket.

binners

He’s a bulbous throbbing bell end of truly biblical proportions. However, he’s performing a very useful, possibly invaluable, social function in making it less likely (despite Eds best efforts) that the Tories will get a parliamentary majority.

So bloody good luck to him!

oldboy
    Free Member

Basically, it’s ‘I don’t like darkies’ in a Barbour jacket.

Always the racist card to win a lost political argument.

crikey
    Free Member

Well, if you’d like to actually present an argument…. 🙄

oldboy
    Free Member

Well, if you’d like to actually present an argument..

I thought my earlier post (which you may easily have missed) explained my political persuasions quite clearly. Anyway, going out now, so no more posts on here, so enjoy your Saturday night, crikey.

crikey
    Free Member

Good luck at the bingo.

Sandwich

package everyone over 50 seems to love

Oi, I’m over 50 and I think he’s a ****. Small minded little Englander with a poor grasp of the political actualité.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

oldboy – Member

“Well, if you’d like to actually present an argument..”

I thought my earlier post (which you may easily have missed) explained my political persuasions quite clearly.

This ?

oldboy – Member

If I were forced to chose between Farage and that odd looking guy with the Lithuanian Marxist dad, I wouldn’t even have to think about it!

Fortunately, I won’t have to make that decision

Posted 3 hours ago

I don’t think that explains your political persuasions quite clearly at all.

I don’t understand, would you choose “that odd looking guy with the Lithuanian Marxist dad” or what ?

And why wouldn’t you “even have to think about it” ? Don’t you like thinking ?

If this according to you represents “an argument” then I suggest you work on it and give it some more thought 💡

RichPenny
    Free Member

Well you are arguing, so his point is valid to some degree.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Am I arguing ? I don’t even understand the point he’s trying to make, so how can I be arguing against it ? Does he support Farage or what ? He hasn’t actually presented an argument, despite what he claims.

RichPenny
    Free Member

Am I arguing ?

Breathing? Check.
    Posting? Check.
    Arguing? ….. 😉

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

ok

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 82 total)

The topic ‘Nigel Farage, what do you think of him?’ is closed to new replies.