Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 75 total)
  • Nigel Farage going off on one..
  • Kevevs
    Free Member

quality Euro-rant. I’m not hugely interested in Politics, but I can admire this guys style! Love the look on the other guys faces at the start.
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gm9q8uabTs&feature=player_embedded[/video]

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Nigel Farage is a nasty insulting bigot – I can’t admire anything about his “style”.
    And I say that as someone who is profoundly anti-EU.

Kevevs
    Free Member

well, I thought it was funny!

thehillsofsomerset
    Free Member

this is another good rant!

kimbers

after that plane crash did farage get some dental work done? because it was the perfect opportunity to sort out that dreadful grill of his

Kevevs
    Free Member

lol. pretty good thehillsofsomerset! Gotta love a ranting MP!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I have no idea or inertest in what he’s ranting on about, but I agree, it’s quite ranty and amusing.

Uncle Adolf was a very good public speaker. As was Uncle Enoch.

25% of Judy P? Who is Judy P?

I seen some girls on the train today dressed as Wonderwoman! One had to adjust her thong.

neilc1881
    Free Member

And there was me expecting to see some bloke deciding he didn’t like his Inbred…

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Decent rant. Probably give it a 6.5 out of 10.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I don’t think there’s anything amusing about a pair of public school educated t**ts insulting individuals and countries at the EU Parliament, as they regularly do. In fact I find it deeply embarrassing.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Yeah but Ernie; in fairness, Kevevs did say this:

I’m not hugely interested in Politics

So maybe he’s not aware that Farrage is a ****.

When I was a yute I though Norman (The Bastard) Tebbit was very good at speaking. I din’t know about owt back then though really, only later did I realise he was a Tory…

Kevevs
    Free Member

is he a **** is he?. mate just posted it on facebook and I thought it was funny and pretty good mouthing off! He’s pretty good at it I reckon!

Junkyard
    Free Member

He hates Europe and so he got elected so he can go there and tell them to their faces.
    Makes you proud to British.

grum
    Free Member

Quite funny rant but he is a prize ****. So angry about the EU and their massive wasting of money he takes some of it and carries on the fight from the inside!

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Crap rant – I didn’t notice any random capitalisation, none.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

So angry about the EU and their massive wasting of money he takes some of it and carries on the fight from the inside!

And he’s proud of just how much he helps himself to :

Ukip leader Nigel Farage boasts of his £2m in expenses

Quote :

When asked later by the Observer to justify how he could claim so much while running a campaign attacking Westminster MPs for their extravagance, Farage was unapologetic, saying that, while MEPs were “very expensive”, he was entirely happy that the money had been used for the best of causes.”

Kevevs
    Free Member

politician being a self-serving **** shocker 🙄

dekadanse
    Free Member

And as well as being a prize little englander bigot, he really does resemble a wide mouthed frog with a hyperactive thyroid……

Northwind

It’s not a bad rant. But he’s not there to rant, and he’s not paid (by us) to rant. He’s not actually saying anything, just throwing poo.

muddy@rseguy

Best comment after last years general election came from Jack Dee:

“as for Nigel Farrage, his campaign never really got off the ground”

IanMunro
    Free Member

He’s fun to listen to, but I put him in the same bucket as George Galloway – people who are slightly too much in love with the sound of their own voice.

Dan67
    Free Member

does this guy actually represent our government/country in Brussels?

IanMunro
    Free Member

He represents you, if you live in the South East 🙂

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Northwind – Member

It’s not a bad rant. But he’s not there to rant, and he’s not paid (by us) to rant. He’s not actually saying anything, just throwing poo.

Oh yes? Sounds familiar…

trailmonkey

Dan67 – Member
    does this guy actually represent our government/country in Brussels?

IanMunro – Member
    He represents you, if you live in the South East

Junkyard – Member
    He hates Europe and so he got elected so he can go there and tell them to their faces.
    Makes you proud to British.

These three comments sum the whole issue up. He’s not there by accident. He’s there because he’s been elected by people who share his vision and are obviously happy with the way he articulates it – I can’t imagine that he was any different in his election campaign. Let him rant on, get those attitudes out into the open where at least they can be challenged.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Can’t honestly say I can find anything in the rant to actually disagree with.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Teh guy is a massive hypocrite. Can’t get elected to the UK parliament as he does not have the support but can to EU as its a PR system with a low turnout

Plays on people xenophobic fears to get elected. goes tot eh EU parliament – an institution he despises and uses that platform to insult our EU partners while taking the money

foul racist idiot hypocrite.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

but can to EU as its a PR system with a low turnout

Self-serving “parliament”, then.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Can’t honestly say I can find anything in the rant to actually disagree with.

Well that does not in any way surprise us Woppit…

Farage is a nasty self-serving scumbayg interested in his own personal gain. Trouble is, he uses people’s xenophobia and prejudice to aid his quest for power. UKIP is just BNP Lite for people who don’t want to admit they are bigoted Little Englanders who think others are to blame for any problems in society, without looking at their own narrow mindedness and divisive behaviour.

Look at the UKIP logo; it even has a pound sign, symbolising the ideology of Greed:

And it’s crap.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Yes, I realise all that, ernie. Despite all this awful stuff that seems to motivate Farrage, I still can’t find anything in his rant that I actually disagree with.

Sorry about that.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Yes, I realise all that, ernie.

You realise all what Woppit ? Are you mistakenly attributing Elfie’s comments to me ?

BTW, this hadn’t occurred to me “Look at the UKIP logo; it even has a pound sign, symbolising the ideology of Greed”…..good point Elfie.

And just for the record, unlike Nigel Farage, I don’t regard myself to be merely “skeptical” concerning the EU. I have no doubts at all concerning my opposition to the EU – it is a thoroughly undemocratic institution which undermines the democratic rights of sovereign nations.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

The democratic deficit could be easily remedied. Get rid of the council of ministers.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

That would hardly resolve the problem, as the EU would still have the power to enforce policies onto member states, whatever the result of general elections in those states.

Junkyard
    Free Member

it is a thoroughly undemocratic institution which undermines the democratic rights of sovereign nations.

You could say that about every parliament. Ours passes plenty of stuff the electorate would not and does not want. Iraq war for example. No death penalty as another.
    I dont see why i should care if I am shafted/ignored from Westminister or Brussells tbh. I have limited influence over either organisation.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Yes, sorry ernie, I was referring to Fred’s comment. I somehow have the two of you mentally conflated, for some reason… 🙂

I had assumed that the sterling sign in the UKIP badge defined a wish to keep it as the currency of the U.K. rather than join the Euro, not that it meant being “greedy” about it.

yossarian
    Free Member

Yes, I realise all that, ernie. Despite all this awful stuff that seems to motivate Farrage, I still can’t find anything in his rant that I actually disagree with.
    Sorry about that.

I found it infantile and inflammatory. I liked it though. Don’t agree with it but I do like a shit stirrer, some of his barbs were well aimed and hit their targets. And for that I’m happy to contribute to his wages.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

You could say that about every parliament.

I couldn’t say that – you might be able to though. Whilst I fully recognise the serious limitations of bourgeois democracy over real democracy whereby the people have full economic and political power, I nevertheless accept that bourgeois parliamentary democracy is a bastard form of democracy.

And better to live under a parliamentary democracy which goes some substantial way in reflecting the nation’s wishes, than a parliamentary democracy which is even more remote and less representative of the people’s wishes. There’s no point in taking a crap system and making it even more crap.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

There’s no point in taking a crap system and making it even more crap.

Quite. They do seem like a bunch of snouts-in-the-trough unnaccountable panjandrums to me.

Consequently, I enjoyed watching them squirm as Niggle Farridge gave them both barrels.

It’s all about to go down the toilet anyway, as soon as the Euro tanks. Stupid idea in the first place. Now we’re paying the price of a bunch of centralising financially-illiterate beaurocrats being given carte-blanche to bugger it all up in the first place.

Pfft. Batten down the hatches. It’s going to get rough.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

ernie – but the EU parliament is fully democratically elected – it just means the majority in that has the say so. Its depends whether you believe in sharing sovereignty.

UK parliament can override parish councils – does that make it undemocratic?

Remember the UK is not a single country – its a union. Scotland has voted labour since the war but gets tory governments because of english votes

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

it just means the majority in that has the say

It means the majority who are not British, have a say in what are the policies of the British government.
    I believe in more democracy, not less democracy.

The problem for the soft left like you TJ, is that you see it as the responsibility of other Europeans voters to protect us from our Tory governments. And for that reason you have been seduced into accepting the dictatorial powers of the EU.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 75 total)

The topic ‘Nigel Farage going off on one..’ is closed to new replies.