Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Nicola Adams
  • tails
    Free Member

Now she’s done it twice surely big Anthoney Joshua can put her on the undercard to get a bit of the pay packet the guys take. Plus she’s not got that boxer attitude.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Congrats to her, just watched the fight. Pro money, not sure there would be much in it ? She’d be better off doing media work, opening stuff etc

seadog101

You’re right there Jamba, she’s a lot more likeable and charismatic than many pro boxers, so would do well in sports media.

deev
    Free Member

She’s done well but lets not kid ourselves here, she had to win 3 fights to qualify when guys had about 11-13, she got a 1st round bye then won 1 fight to get a guaranteed bronze, won the semi and then won the final. So 6 all in.

Womens boxing is a nice concept but the standards sheeeeeite, lets face it and in no way comparable to the mens game. Would you pay to watch her fight against some tomato can part timer? Can’t say I would and I doubt many other folk would either.

She’d have gone pro ages ago if anyone cared.

ThePilot
    Free Member

Anyone else just fallen a little bit more in love with deev?
    What a guy!

DezB
    Free Member

Can’t help but agree with him though. Lovely that “our girl” won gold again, but the “fight” was atrocious.

loddrik
    Free Member

Womens boxing. That’s something that I can’t unsee so I’ll make sure I never watch it.

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

Bob down to our gym, throw a few manly haymakers at the girls. Be fun.

jimbobo
    Free Member

I used to box, I used to spar with women. First time I punched a woman in the face felt a bit weird, but then she opened my lip up and got blood everywhere song had to defend myself. Like many women’s sports, it’s not the athletes, it’s the rule books. I see no reason why a fly weight woman can’t competitively fight a fly weight man, particularly under ABA rules.

jimbobo
    Free Member

That and I think Nicola Adams is awesome, trains harder than anyone I’ve ever seen and doesn’t have a dickish attitude.

mooman
    Free Member

I watched her final – and was surprised she got the decision; but that’s Olympic boxing!

I too not like women boxing; usually it just looks all wrong. Kinda like women’s football … but a couple of the women boxers could really fight some.

chrisdiesel
    Free Member

I’ve no clue about women’s boxing but her attitude and constantly happy smiling face is what I like about her.

deev
    Free Member

FW woman vs FW man? Don’t be daft. Women carry more body fat compared to mens denser muscle fibers and less fat. They’d get smashed.

CountZero

Kinda like women’s football … but a couple of the women boxers could really fight some.

I’d much rather watch women play football, just as much skill, with none of the prima-donna ‘ref, ref, he just messed up my hairdo’ pouncing around.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Nicola Adams’ is closed to new replies.