Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Nice pub for lunch and a pint within 1hr of Manc
  • Brycey
    Free Member

Morning all you Northeners

Got the old boy down in the big smoke for the weekend. Any recommendations for him, the wee one and I for a Saturday afternoon pub lunch 45-60 mins from Manchester (by car). Was thinking towards Peak District or Ribble Valley or similar.

Ta.

tadeuszkrieger
    Free Member

Arden Arms, Stockport round the back of Asda just down from the marketplace, slightly rubbish location, amazing food and chilled atmosphere though. Manchester food and drink festival pub of the year in 2008 and Greater Manchester’s Regional Pub of the Year in the 32nd edition of the Good Beer Guide,one of Camra’s top four pubs in the uk.

montylikesbeer

You could try our place (sorry for the self promotion)

Ye Olde Boot and Shoe
    Millarbarn lane Waterfoot

We are in Rossendale, great area, ace views and a sparrows hop from Lee and Crag Quarries.

Fantastic food, ale at £2.00 a pint and bike friendly

see us at our bike hire site at:

http://www.rossendalepennineadventure.co.uk

stumpyjon

Nice plug Mark! Plus he sponsors Pennine Mountain Bike Action 😀

Another alternative would be The Ram in Cliviger, chain pub but it’s actually really nice with some fantastic views of the Cliviger gorge (shame it’s foggy here at the moment).

jools182
    Free Member

Sportsman in Hayfield is good

Brycey
    Free Member

Thanks all, just the sort of things I was after.

nbt

My local pub is the Ring o’Bells in Marple. NIce Robinson’s beer (the mild is excellent) and the food is great,

Flaperon

The Metropolitan in Didsbury.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Nice pub for lunch and a pint within 1hr of Manc’ is closed to new replies.