Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Nice poshish Hotel London?
  • LMT
    Free Member

After spending a day in London the other week, I realised a day just isn’t enough. In June its the OH birthday and thought would surprise her with a trip to London take in everything she wants to do, and a good bed for the night.

The shard is a little out of budget lol, but wanted something nice, any recommendations? central London so we can take an evening walk down the thames take in the sites etc..

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Best, and only, hotel I’ve stayed at in London was the Goring (Wedding night!)

To paraphrase Ferris, it is so choice. If you have the means, I highly recommend staying there.

Used to go for drinks in the bar quite often as well.

Haven’t been back since the refit, mind you, but I really can’t imagine it will anything other than excellent.

br
    Free Member

Claridges is impressive and very good service, or the Waldorf just opposite the Courts

chudsy
    Free Member

Thistle hotel, Kensington Gardens. Right next to Hyde park, had 4 nights there last summer and really liked it.

DT78
    Free Member

The gore, kensington was nice. Stayed on a yacht on the Thames near the excel the other weekend – sunbourne, good food too

jambalaya
    Free Member

OP whats the rough budget and where would you like to be location wise ? There are lots of nice boutique hotels, the Shard area is a bit of a wasteland at the weekends aside from Borough Food Mkt

trevron73
    Free Member

For me i use K- West in Shepperds bush or Millennium at Chelsea ground both good prices on late rooms and central enough for what ever i am doing in the Smoke .

MartynS

Stayed in the hotel zeina on Cromwell road, South kensington not to long ago
    Very nice it was to. Not as central as you’d perhaps like but in a good area. Really near Nat history museum.

Edit
    Have also stayed at k west in shepards bush.
    Nice hotel, really crappy area…:

huckleberryfatt
    Free Member

Park Plaza Westminster Bridge is nice–and great for walks along the river. Browns Hotel in Albemarle St is good for early morning strolls through Green/St James’s parks. I like the Royal Garden Hotel too–right next door to Kensington Palace Gardens.

aP
    Free Member

You should try and get into A Room for London

johndoh
    Free Member

K West is okay but not *WOW!* And not very central either – I wouldn’t go there for a special event.

I would just do a Secret Room search and just choose one that is 5 Star and central – you’ll be sure to get something that fits the bill.

theotherjonv

Fox and Anchor at Smithfield. Not 5*, not west end central either but tonnes of character and good food and beer.

joolsburger
    Free Member

Covent Garden Hotel is central and nice, in fact any Firmdale hotel will be decent.

https://www.firmdalehotels.com/hotels/london/

shooterman

The Grange St Pauls is our usual bolt hole in London.

lunge

There are literally thousands. For not silly money and a good location, the Radisson Blu Edwardian in Covent Garden is good and the location is central as you could wish for. Eat at Clos Maggiore whilst you’re there as well, stunning restaurant.

onewheelgood

All of the Grange hotels I’ve tried have been good. St Paul’s is the poshest, but I do like the ones in Bloomsbury too.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Nice poshish Hotel London?’ is closed to new replies.