Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • nice loop out of Rhayader?
  • ton

gonna be in Rhayader with a group of mates for a 60th birthday do.
    looking for a nice 25-30 mile loop. lads like a fair bit of tech, it is the older end of the sweary northerners group (anyone who has seen the vids knows they can ride).

all my riding down there has been passing through on the trans cambrian route or polaris/trailquest riding.

any ideas for a more testing route anyone?

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

Stu at BB is yer man for all trail down that way Ton 😉

mt
    Free Member

Hello Ton, Speak to Clive at Clive Powell Mountain bikes. There is not route he does not know in the area. He pretty much invented mountain biking in the area and the term “dirty weekend” for a weekend of fun on the hills. If Clives not in ask for Neil. Rhayader is a great place to ride with some (to me ) legendary rides. Tell Clive you want the Black Run and the Links in the route, to do that though you’ll need to include Puke Hill.
    Tel: 01597 811343

singlespeedstu

Just sent you a route.
    There’s no major tech in the Elan valley but there is some nice riding.
    About the most tech trail is down to Garreg Ddu which is on this route.
    It also includes the chapel descent and the golf links.
    It’s basically most of the best trails in the area all linked into one ride.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Up the UCR to the Elan, down the tarmac to the start of the Monks Trod. Over that to the Claerwen dam gravel and left to dam. Down Green lane below dam and back to Rhayder. Classic

pyekid
    Free Member

Hey SSstu, I would love a copy of that route, I always seem to miss Garreg Ddu descent.
    Thanks

singlespeedstu

Sent.
    It’s a hard ride/push/ride to get to it but worth it.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘nice loop out of Rhayader?’ is closed to new replies.