Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • nice illustrator
  • tails
    Free Member

Didn’t get past the first page, as I have no desire to spend any more of my evening viewing pretentious twaddle that isn’t even that good.

allthegear
    Free Member

never even got past ClickToFlash…

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Nice, but the website’s far too clunky and not very easily accessible.

colande
    Free Member

nah this is a nice illustrator

Home

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Doesn’t work on iPhones. Fail.

Edric64
    Free Member

I think Scarfe is better

tails
    Free Member

I like the cat house print colande!! The websites fine, can’t all be dreamweaver/fireworks geniuses.

I rarely take the hook but as it’s xmas. STR, enjoy your miserable life, what do you do oh right IT, you waste of air. I’ve barely used this website in the last week and I can see why miserable c**ts like you!

Lol @ tails. No, I don’t ‘do’ IT thanks – I just don’t think the artwork is anything special.

Mrs STR was dating Greg Staples shortly before we met – now some of his stuff is good, if a little pigeonholed in the fantasy genre. He drew Dredd for 2000AD

Greg Staples

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

No, no, no. This is an illustrator’s work;

Stubbs

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I think Scarfe is better

Agree – and Ralph Steadman is very similar too.

carbon337
    Free Member

My brother does a lot of illustration but finding it difficult to get work and get setup.

He needs a new site really and a decent studio but after his second degree has had to start working at an Apple call centre which is a shame.

Take a look at some of his stuff here – its quite dark.

http://theeruiner.wordpress.com/

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Some interesting work there carbon – very ‘book jacket’ friendly. He needs to get involved in some local illustrator groups, show his work locally, register with the AoI (if he hasn’t already).

I think he will need to show some work with colour though too 😉

carbon337
    Free Member

He seems to do stuff with the music industry and did some album covers mostly. Any advice anyone can send me I will pass onto him.

He was offered a chance of getting into an Art college in london I think after his 1st but he had a baby on the way and lives in Newcastle. Hopefully he can get some work in this field as he is wasted working in a call centre. I wil post some images here – you never know.

the-muffin-man

Hi Clubber

Some interesting work there. In all honesty though if he wants to make a career in commercial illustration he needs to show a more varied range of what he is capable of so he can plug his services to design agencies. Although what he is showing is good the amount of people who want that style are limited.

He may have to compromise his ‘art’ a little if he wants to make a living from it!

flyingmonkeycorps

My two pennorth:

I like most of the stuff on this page. I love the character in Laustroer’s work especially, and Adam Fisher is brilliant – reminds me a bit of Mackenzie Thorpe, kinda.

Greg Staples is clearly very technically proficient, but to be honest his work leaves me pretty much cold – like you say STR, it’s very standard fantasy fare, if well executed.

Personally I rather like Chris Narcosis (I dunnof if that link will work, I can’t check it at work) and about a million other things that I can’t think of at the moment.

jon1973
    Free Member

Doesn’t work on iPhones. Fail.

Do you mean it’s a Fail that iPhone doesn’t support Flash? 😀

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Do you mean it’s a Fail that iPhone doesn’t support Flash?

Well no, not really. A good web designer/developer should always consider an alternative to a Flash site/functionality as not everyone uses hardware that supports it/not installed etc.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘nice illustrator’ is closed to new replies.